or Connect

Posts by nikon133

Put ignore list, or make user choose in settings if he wants to make his device permanently visible (with confirmation pop up).I'm with TS on this one. One of major reasons why I prefer ThinkPad Tablet to iPad is exactly that - easy access to other devices in my home network.
WP platform is still catching up, on average. Core features are mostly there and executed quite well, which provides good foundation for further development... but platform is still short of some relevant 3rd party apps, if not more.That everyone borrows from everyone else, is simple fact of life. It is also the best way for technology to progress. Why would you reinvent wheel from scratch, if you can take what is already there and further improve on that? MS and Apple...
That's possible. I don't know how Android is doing it, I'm not using Android. Re WP8.1, there seem to be some context awareness, but I don't know how deep does it go, or how efficient it is. WP8.1 is not officially out, after all - I'm playing with Developers Preview, and it is also still work in progress - there were already two chunky updates for it, since it was made available for developers.
Is it confirmed that every iPhone that will receive iOS8 will have this (and other new) feature enabled, though. My good old 3Gs was receiving updates all the way to iOS6, but not all iOS6 features were enabled on it.Regardless. OP's point, I believe, is that they all borrow ideas from one another, no saints there. In that light, none of them should be throwing stones.
Hmm... actually he does.WP8.1 does not predict words before you start typing, but as soon as you start, it offers options for your first word, and once you have your first word done, it offers options for next word before you start typing it... and so on.It works well, but I find it quicker to start typing next word and selecting from much narrower range of options, than checking if word I want to type is pre-predicted. Especially that WP8.1 can give more than 3 options,...
We live in strange times.Is WhatsApp worth $19 billion? And yet.I'm not worried about price, but about direction. Are we going to see iPhones and iPads featuring much more prominently in rap music videos, together with Beats headphones, bling rings and chains... and some extra swearing?I'd be much happier if Apple purchased a bit less exposed but better value for the money headphones brand, and got music streaming from some less exposed streaming service as well. Until TC...
They are backing away, but a bit too slowly for most people taste. Next Windows (or next update for Windows 8.1) will return full desktop with updated start menu, and Metro apps running windowed on desktop. Metro GUI will also be there for people who want to use it (and it actually works great on 10" tablets.25% battery improvement over Surface 2 would actually be nice, though I'm doubtful they are getting that much. If they are, however... The Verge's battery test on...
I don't think you have used recent Windows tablet.I'm using my ThinkPad Tablet 2 most of the time without physical keyboard, though I do have Lenovo's keyboard for this unit, and it is quite good quality keyboard. Granted, I'm using it mostly in Metro mode, and that GUI works great without physical keyboard. Browsing, email, all sort of media, FB, touch games (Birds and such) all work really nice, and that covers majority of my tablet needs. I turn my keyboard on only when...
Because Foxcomm, who assembles many Apple products, is such an exemplary working environment.
I would expect that PR is involved here. Not necessarily paid by Apple, maybe just some sort of co-op between allies.Regardless of iPad's capability to edit this video, it is easier, more efficient to do it on MBP... or Mac Pro... or other dedicated graphics workstations. I really cannot see the reason why would creative team select to edit on Air. It's not like this is some sort of viral video that went directly from shooting device to social sharing site, in fact those...