or Connect

Posts by nikon133

Are warranties covering physical damage, though?
Sure, they make enough money by selling their actual products, unlike Google. I've heard an old saying somewhere in Europe, I think it originates from Turkey... something is lost in translation, but as it goes: If you don't pay on bridge, you'll pay on viaduct.Microsoft, though. Their whole "Scroogled" campaign was based on their claim that their services around Outlook.com and Office365 don't share info with advertisers, don't scan emails etc. MS has toned down their...
Don't know. I used it on iPhone, and use it on Windows Phone now. Also on all my current computers and tablets, and - hopefully - on MacBook Pro soon. My wife uses it on her new iPhone. GUI design and other bells and whistles aside, call quality is much better than Viber - at least where we live.
You are just trading one devil for the other.Typing words "Apple" and "spying" in Google returned rich choice of links related to NSA, Apple, iPhone, spying, tracking...Typing words "Microsoft" and "spying" also returned lot of links, though most were related to Xbox and Kinect. Nevertheless.I didn't bother typing "Google" and "spying". They have to make money out of something, end of the day.
I think that Intel is gaining faster on ARM's power consumption than ARM is gaining on Intel's performance. Broadwell iCore tablets in passive-cooled 7.2mm case are quite mean... of course, if design proves to be sustainable (not overheating etc. in some usage scenarios).http://www.slashgear.com/intel-outs-stunning-fanless-broadwell-tablet-design-for-2014-2-in-1s-03331832/
Man... I don't like Samsung, and I dislike Google even more... and I still think you must be joking.There are plenty of reasons to select either platform, depending on one's needs; we don't live in Mao’s China, not everyone have same suit and hairstyle.I don’t even delve through hard-core Android fan forums... but on DailyTech.com (which is associated with Anandtech.com), which I think is far from ultra-bias in any favour, you can easily find complains like:16 GB on entry...
Considering that there are much more Android phones around, I'd lucky-guess that they are also bigger threat to dedicated cameras than iPhones are. And then, there are a few Nokias with high end cameras as well (at least in phone camera terms). But in general, it is business as usual. Market is brutal, unforgiving - and ever changing. Shift from film to digital killed some old-days titans, Kodak first on my mind. Smartphone cameras are killing P&S cameras, but they are...
Well, thank you for insulting me out of nowhere.I'm a kind of bum that sleeps with watch on me. I'm short-sighted, and when I wake up in the middle of the night, the easiest way to check time is to look at watch on my wrist. Other way, I'd have to put my glasses on, or grab phone/alarm clock from night stand to check time. Or have alarm clock with large illuminated digits, which I fine uncomfortable to sleep next to. I prefer having watch on my wrist.In addition, I travel...
I bet he does have a lot of freedom to do whatever he wants, but getting into something new might require Ive's full dedication, and full time. He doesn't strike me as "half-time" person, he will do it full throttle, or will not do it at all. And of course, there's designers' fatigue - you cannot re-invent same items forever, at some point you can be bogged down with your own previous designs - basically your own weight you are carrying, in a way.Sounds a bit like Adrian...
I envy you! I have 1st gen RX100, and I'd really love wider lens. RX100 III starts with 24mm equivalent... and is faster across the whole zoom range... I get only 28mm... But yes, those are amazing little cameras.