or Connect

Posts by nikon133

It is quite awesome, Surface Pro 3, isn't it. The best laptop/tablet crossover, imho. Other OEMs just cannot get rid of laptop legacy. Yoga, Helix, most other tablet convertibles I had chance to try are just trying too hard to remain as close to laptop concept as possible.
Blackberry, being first corporate & security savvy mobile devices manufacturer, must have quite solid library of patents around Blackberry server and QNX. Full integration of BB server tech into MS Exchange could be quite interesting from corporate side, for example. If the asking price is right.
Yeah, I think they have regained their rhythm. Continuum, universal apps... quite clever concepts. And then, current efforts to attract Android and iOS devs with easy porting tools... for someone who came late to the party, I think they couldn't do much more from what they are doing now, so regardless of their success (or lack of it), they deserve some accolades for the effort.Re Windows phone, while 10 million handsets a quarter isn't something that Apple and Google (and...
Here Drive is pretty much native navigation software on Nokia/Microsoft Lumia phones. I'm not even aware that there are other comparable solution on Windows Phone platform. I'd be surprised if Microsoft doesn't try to buy this.They need it more than Apple.
It is interesting take on Sony's profit increase... not sure if it holds water, though. Sony was making camera sensors for iPhones at least since 4s, if not before. Even with iPhone 6 selling better than previous iPhones, camera sensors are becoming more and more commodity and sensor price is going down on average. I'd like to see how much money Sony makes on iPhone sensors. I have found somewhere $20 per phone mentioned, but that's not net profit, to my understanding....
10.5 million Lumia phones in last quarter. Not much, but best Lumia quarter so far.
Likewise in NZ... some of our engineers wanted Edge, and they are on unspecified backorder from Vodafone NZ, ETA unknown at present. All colours, all storage options.Don't know about the Edge-less one.Reminds me a bit on PS4 launch back in the days. It was available locally end of November 2013, but all the shipments were preordered. Only end of February 2014 have they started appearing on shelves. Seem to be selling quite well, too.
They are not silent at all.http://www.dailytech.com/After+RecordSetting+Week+Samsung+Predicts+70+Million+GS6GS6+Edge+Sales/article37311.htmI must admit I am not breath-taken with GS6 design, but then I never liked glass backs, regardless of the brand... however, a lot of people seem to disagree with my opinion.
Adobe Lightroom is still available as retail product, to my knowledge.But... Adobe is also offering "Photography" plan that gives Lightroom and Photoshop for AU$9.99/month here in Australia/NZ. I had a chat with their rep and she confirmed for me that both Photoshop and Lightroom can be installed on desktop and laptop, plus there is mobile Lightroom for iOS and Android. I'm warming up to this idea. I mean, AU$5 a month per computer... that's one posh coffee a month (and I...
Maybe because there is quite decent choice of premium ultrabooks from Asus, Samsung... new Dell XPS 13 is quite something, really. Screen, battery, design and build quality... all accounted for.Tablets, however... it looks like OEMs are not that much interested in Windows tablets. Most of them already have Android tablets, so it might be a conflict of interest for them to dedicate to another platform. Beside that, it also might be conflicting for MS to directly compete...