or Connect

Posts by nikon133

Looks like a copy of iPhone 5s, only bigger.
It's a prototype. Unless it has fake housing over actual one.I mean, I agree with you - as it is, it's quite horrid. Which is exactly why I don't believe Amazon could even consider releasing it in this form. Heck, even North Korea would not release it in that form.
Fully agree with you.Idea that, say, Toshiba could have patented laptop form factor and prevent everyone else from making laptops... is frightening. We would probably still have 4cm tick machines and they would all be - Toshibas.Or if someone could have patented idea of portable music player, as in portable device capable of reproducing music via earphones, powered from internal battery. No iPods, no music playback from smartphones.We don't really get THAT many new ideas....
It makes it very much PlayStation-like... but after using both Xbox and PS controllers, I disagree with usability argument. I never had a problem moving from one to the other. Difference is in ergonomics, not in usability.End of the day, controller shape is dictated by our hands anatomy. Beside some artificial changes, space for originality is quite limited.
Circular shape is good for analogue watch, but IMO sucks for digital content.Square, or at least square-ish watch, like Omega De Ville, would be the way to go. Still good for analogue watch simulation, and much more natural for digital content.
Strange how I have no problem with accessing everything on Windows 8.1.True it is more touch-centric than mouse-centric, and I enjoy using it on Win tablet more than on desktop PC... but with next update on 8.1, MS will basically restore full "classic" desktop environment for users who prefer it, with politically correct Start Menu, windowed Metro apps etc.But even in current form, it is down to individuals to like it or not. It did polarize users by pushing some comfort...
I agree with you Photoshop (and rest of Adobe CS) wise, but Lightroom... it was always very sensibly priced and as such, I'm pretty sure a lot of amateurs/hobbyists are using it; I know I do. With older DSLR cameras, there was obvious IQ difference between RAW (converted to JPG in LR) and JPG from camera, plus additional bonus of easy fixing some of shooting mistakes (light balance comes first to my mind). I do shoot (and edit) "seriously" twice a year on average, rest of...
Well, even if you respect speed limits, there will be an occasion where you will fail to notice that you are speeding. Conversation with your passenger, a little bit of downhill, or just focusing on road in front of you. Failure to notice speed change sign? Happened to me, my only speeding ticket in my life (so far). Got caught driving 75km/h in 50km/h zone. I do remember that road was 70km/h (NZ Police tolerates up to 10km/h over the limit), and completely failed to...
I'm pretty sure I've seen this on iPhone 5s. I cannot remember exact circumstances, but if it wasn't on default app (which my wife uses), then it must have been on TomTom for iOS, a good friend of mine is using it. We travelled together in January, so there were my wife's default app and his TomTom being played with and compared while I was driving, thus the confusion Default Android app doesn't have it, but another friend of mine - this one Android user - mentioned that...
Sine I have purchased Lumia 920 - about 6 months ago - I have downloaded NZ offline map updates 3 times. Complete map is a bit less than 80MB, a minute of DL time over wi-fi. They seem to be quite proactive with updates and changes. Short of temporary road-works related speed limits, I haven't noticed any mistakes in speed limit warnings - I haven't measured it, but it feels like I will be warned within 10m of sign (if I haven't reduced my speed accordingly).