or Connect

Posts by nikon133

Why, that's the best way to learn them
He passionately hates everything MS related (or non-Apple related?). It's like Balmer road-killed his cat or something. Really interesting to observe.
They don't really have hardware, short of Surface tablets... Regarding their OEMs and concept of better hardware... isn't it really relative, down to one's individual needs?I will be in market for new laptop later this year, and until recently I had two candidates - MBP 13" Retina and ThinkPad Carbon X1 (new one). Here in New Zealand, X1 with same RAM/storage is actually quite a bit more expensive than MBP; I think it is around NZ$3,000 for i7-4600U CPU, 8GB of RAM and...
It is not really free. Without subscription, it is only a glorified document viewer.Subscription is licensing model MS is pushing hard nowadays across the whole (supported) market. Even in corporate volume licensing, MS is gunning for Office 365 or Open Level Subscription.For people who are upgrading to new versions of Office (or are paying Software Assurance through Open Value model), subscription should come with comparable price - maybe even a bit cheaper. In addition,...
Hmm... what is the highest spec-ed graphics card you can get on iMac and MBP these days?I don't have problem with "high quality hardware" claim, but "high quality gaming hardware" is a whole different beast...
I hope not.Google is in advertising, so what they do comes with the territory.MS is primarily in corporate, and a lot of things they offer to end-users also exist as their offer in commercial segment. Outlook.com is sharing backbone with Office 365/Exchange Online, and this includes OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) as preferred way to sync OneNote's and other documents between devices.Not so long ago MS made (advertising) point in underlining that Outlook.com services do not...
Actually, first Titanfall was advertised as Microsoft exclusive. It is a bit unclear if it is time-limited exclusive; Developers did say that first one will not see the light on PS4 - PERIOD, but if there are sequels, they will be on PS4 too. This might mean they are not allowed to port 1st one to PS4 at all, or they might think that retro-releasing it a year later is pointless - especially if they want to release new one in a year time (and since they were CoD developers,...
I don't think you've seen/played too many new gen games - if any. Watching YouTube videos really doesn't count. Granted, there aren't many games yet, but if you look at available exclusives, they look pretty much top-notch right now.I'm not Xbox gamer but I did play Forza 5 at my friend's place, and I believe it is the best looking racer as of today, with silky smooth 60fps and 1080p.I also played Killzone: ShadowFall on my PS4, and I think that it is the best looking FPS...
It is likely to cripple your collaboration with your customers/cooperatives, presuming that most of them are using Office. Even within your company's IT walls, you will be handicapped if your company is using Exchange, SharePoint, Lync... and many are.
Preinstalled, maybe (though I wouldn't mind if you share some info). But PCs are much easier to dual-boot (as long as they don't come with some sort of uEFI level OS lockdown, and I cannot recall seeing any) and Windows itself allows for dual boot.Android, to my knowledge, isn't that friendly to idea of other OS presence.