or Connect

Posts by nikon133

No, it isn't.I owned and still own one PC with Vista. It was my main gaming/photo editing machine back in the days - and it served me bloody well. I did wait until SP1, when OEMs (approximately) fixed crappy drivers they had on Vista's release, and Vista became more stable OS than XP ever was. Sure it needed more resources than XP, but hey - it was 6 years newer than XP. On decent machine with 4GB of RAM, it was my conclusion that it carries load much better than XP on...
Microsoft works with partners, too. Cannot recall they recently tried preventing them from creating dual-boot computers, or dropping support for non-Windows OSes. Obviously they didn't complain that this tablet will dual-boot with Android. True, they are underdog in mobile devices, but even in area they dominate - desktops and laptops - they are not forcing OEMs to lock their machines to Windows, which would be easily possible.
Microsoft was evil one, but after being wrist-slapped for monopolistic crap time ago, they turned quite benign.In the last few years, among the other things Google did:Trojan-horsing Apple with Eric Schmidt and pulling some tricks with Oracle, too.Try to undermine Apple with feature-lacking Gmaps, only to relase - their own words - "the best Gmap application on any platform" after Apple showed them middle finger and released their own in-house maps.Blocked MS from having...
Doesn't make sense. From everything I have read so far, Windows Phone is more efficient than Android. If WP is under-performing on any hardware, Android will do even worst. But I think you're wrong. Much as I played with Lumia 520 - which is the lowest current WP on the market - it behaves quite well.
iPad is made by Apple. If Apple decides to enable users to dual-boot, I'm sure Apple will not stop Apple from doing that.T300 is made by Asus. If Asus wants to make dual boot possible, Google OR Microsoft should not be able to blackmail them into not doing that. After all, you can dual-boot laptops and desktops, including Apple machines.I don't know if this rumour is true... but after Google's little YouTube stint with Windows Phone, I would not be surprised. They know...
I've read somewhere that NASA specifies Hardlex crystals for their Astronauts' Omega watches over Sapphire glass. Sapphire is harder to scratch, but Hardlex is less brittle. I don't know how Gorilla glass compares to Hardlex, but compared to Sapphire, it seems to be less scratch resistant and less brittle, not unlike Hardlex. It will be interesting to see how well Sapphire performs on phones. Unless, of course, Apple is not considering this for their smartwatch and some...
Because... losing 20%, or even 10% of your customers overnight is still big loss? /s
I found somewhere that Ford's problem wasn't core system itself, but apps - whose development was conveniently contracted to 3rd party developers. If this is true, I hope Ford will not repeat same mistake with whatever platform they chose for next generation.
I was thinking the same.Much as I could find out quickly, car system actually works on Blackberry owned QNX infotainment platform with all the required components for smart-device link. I'm pretty sure link is universal and will work with Android, WP, Blackberry phones - as long as their developers write/include required code for linking in upcoming OS updates...
Yeah... as one of local radio jocks said (and he was probably not the first one): "What's wrong with Mark Zuckerberg, does he not know he can download it from AppStore for free..?"I didn't really understand real value of FB either. It felt fake, over-inflated, artificial. And now, Mark is using some of his artificial worth to buy another over-inflated value. Kind of makes sense.But what do I know.