or Connect

Posts by nikon133

That pretty much describes it.
They usually are significantly higher, pesky prices. Australian government made a big fuss out of pricing disproportion and had some intimate chats with Adobe, Apple and Microsoft... not sure what came out of that. I live in New Zealand, unfortunately - from pricing perspective - and our government, well, let's say they had different priorities. Like making a deal to export some sheep and cattle to refresh Mexican livestock... lucky us.
I was under impression that Lightroom is still available at retail, but I don't know if it is digital download only or you can still get a boxed version. Acrobat is the only other application that can be purchased - others are subscription only, to my knowledge.That being said... for AU$10 a month there's cute little deal for photographers: Lightroom and PhotoShop. I had a chat with Adobe rep and apparently both apps can be installed on one desktop and one laptop/tablet....
Oh, god forbid. That would be complete Adobe Creative Suite, perhaps? Adobe Lightroom 6 should be around $140, give or take.
Yep... this first iteration is basically a proof of concept. It works, but it's limited. I'd expect limited hologram field of view is dictated by hardware and power requirements. It will take a few generations to get to the point where hardware will be able to cover (big part of) full field of view, while still maintaining usable battery life.As of usefulness of such device, that's completely different matter. New Kinect is quite advanced piece of hardware, but there still...
Honestly, I wouldn't know... just thinking out loud; no idea what patents' stable Rim has, and how important are they today. Back in the days, I do remember hearing story about things MS cannot do in Exchange because of (then) Blackberry patents, but never got details... so it might have been just a rumour.QNX does seem to be quite solid - and popular - product. How much would it be worth to MS, that's completely different story.Either way, there must be SOMETHING...
It is quite awesome, Surface Pro 3, isn't it. The best laptop/tablet crossover, imho. Other OEMs just cannot get rid of laptop legacy. Yoga, Helix, most other tablet convertibles I had chance to try are just trying too hard to remain as close to laptop concept as possible.
Blackberry, being first corporate & security savvy mobile devices manufacturer, must have quite solid library of patents around Blackberry server and QNX. Full integration of BB server tech into MS Exchange could be quite interesting from corporate side, for example. If the asking price is right.
Yeah, I think they have regained their rhythm. Continuum, universal apps... quite clever concepts. And then, current efforts to attract Android and iOS devs with easy porting tools... for someone who came late to the party, I think they couldn't do much more from what they are doing now, so regardless of their success (or lack of it), they deserve some accolades for the effort.Re Windows phone, while 10 million handsets a quarter isn't something that Apple and Google (and...
Here Drive is pretty much native navigation software on Nokia/Microsoft Lumia phones. I'm not even aware that there are other comparable solution on Windows Phone platform. I'd be surprised if Microsoft doesn't try to buy this.They need it more than Apple.