or Connect

Posts by robster

Or split into 2 products... My personal wish list: Colour Screen. iPhoto sync. Built-in camera, mobile phone style but decent pixel count. Blutetooth to swap pics with other iPod/phones/computers. Bluetooth to use my mobile to dial up to sync with .Mac Video output for photos to TV
OK, now I've read a few more postings. Response to some PowerBooks/Portables postings: "iBook G4 hints at something coming" It hints at the fact that the G3 version sucked wasn't selling enough running up to christmas. "Apple's portables run SO much hotter than Intel/AMD's" Really? - ever hear any news stories of burns victims from PowerBooks? No but you get plenty of Dell victims. "IBM have a secret project that they've kept under wraps" No. Apple do this....
Sorry if this is all been mentioned, I read the first page or so then decided to post. About this 2 or 4 chip PPC440 system with moduled altivec, ethernet etc.. here's my thoughts: 1. I like it. 2. It could be a thin client. 3. If it's for a portable, then maybe they'll drop the Gx series lables for them. 4. Go back to iBook, PowerBook plain and simple. 5. Maybe it'll be a total sub notebook or tablet (i know!) 6. Maybe it'll be a rendezvous-based server admin...
Can someone help me out... Gimp wont compile without GTK, GTK won't compile and I don't know why... any wisdsom...? Mail me: apollo9@mac.com
try yellow dog linux.. or mandrake i've used both, and there fine and don't wreck your system...
Just my guesses... Apple offer Solaris on XServe option Sun Server/Apple Client corporate bundles Sun take on Aqua porting of OpenOffice Maybe a larger scale thing where Apple and Sun offer a complete business package including hardware, OS, software and groupware...
just a thought...(i'm gonna regret this...) but doesn't this kind of already happen with the recent documents feature of the apple menu...is that not a kind of 'smart folder' that groups alll the last opened document? My point: if so, it's not a new feature merely one that needs to be implemented/turned on.
Yeah as mentioned you have to use force...I had a wierd problem though, once fitted the machine kernel panicked all the time, only afdter removal would it work ok...
In: QuickTime OpenGL Quartz Cocoa Out: Finder (replaced with version suitable for size) Carbon Aqua
Neither of which support bluetooth, firewire, airport, tcp/ip natively OS X would scale very well, UI changes apart.