or Connect

Posts by Zoolook

Apple TV is a very basic product, in a lovely package. The A5 inside is 2 years old, it only has about 8GB of storage and, what 512BM of RAM - it's very cheap to build, no battery, no display. Apple are not losing money on it.   Roku 3 is actually cheaper but might even cost more to make given Roku's lower sales and lower buying power. If Roku can make money, Apple certainly can.   The guy is clearly an idiot.
Does it connect to DropBox?
+100! Also, the Guardian (or Grauniad as it's affectionally known) costs about 8 British pounds a month, for all access, for an app than ENTIRELY downloads every day (rather than half-heartedly downloads and requires online access) and is basically a full daily newspaper on the iPad. I dropped my NYT subscription because they had a bizzare pricing model that was either iPhone plus Online or iPad plus Online. Or pay through the nose for both. Huh? Yes I'll stick to the...
If that was your point, why didn't you make it more clearly? I do think the basic skills needed for programming are probably either there or not there by the time someone is 12, or in their early teens. If at that point they struggle with math, logical comprehension or even basic concentration, that's going to become a hindrance before too long.
 Rubbish - I started programming at 9 years old, and that was 32 years ago. The earlier the better. Oh, and we were piss poor, but I agreed with my dad to forsake toys and sweets for a year, just to have a computer (a 16k Atari 400). 
 Bingo, this exactly. Companies (and individuals) should focus on enablement - and by the way, African Americans are not the only group under-represented at the top. A couple of posts referred to Obama (indirectly) - the irony being is that he had to be 10x better (eductationally) than the white guy he was running against, and 100x better than his predecessor, to even get a chance. The barrier to entry should not be 10x higher, but it also shouldn't be lower either. Get...
Silicon Valley is one of the purest meritocracies we have; in fact, aside from sports, practically the only one left. There is nothing preventing the next Steve Jobs, Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg being non-white/non-male, so if Jesse Jackson wants to help, it's the self-image and self-respect of young under-represented kids that need the help. Not artificially stuffing the boards of already successful companies will 'representation' from under-prepared people.   I...
I suspect it has to do with iOS 8. It's highly likely iPad 2 support for iOS 8 will be dropped, so they need to stop selling it now, otherwise they will be in the position of releasing an OS not supported by devices less than a year old.
That's a really good point, and I honestly had not considered that. However, I am not sure how the enhanced cameras fits into that.Even so, I can't help but think Apple are missing a trick with memory here, and despite the other replies, 16GB is extremely restrictive (heaven knows what they're thinking with the 8GB 5C model) especially with large text books and the high resolution images the device can store. The lower end of the market should not be about margins, it...
I do not understand their strategy of restricting the capacity to 16GB, which is practically useless these days. It's gone with a couple of games and/or a couple of HD movies. With the retina screen, you'll want 1080p movies and better games. It's short-sighted moves like this, which keep cheap Android alternatives in the race.   Minimum storage now should be 32GB, with 64GB being mid and 128GB being high. The 16/32/64 paradigm was reasonable in 2009 (5 years ago) but...