or Connect

Posts by Zoolook

Yes but it's great you don't need cable to do so, which always defeats the object.
What does that graph look like when adjusted for global market share?
 In the 70's, most investors actually wanted the thing they invested in to succeed. By the late 80's, it was just about bleeding everything dry. Not all investors, obviously, but Icahn pretty much invented Vulture Capitalism. He's an anathema to creativity and growth - for him, Apple is a just a big juicy bag of blood to be drained dry.
He's a vulture who has no interest in Apple's long term future. It makes NO financial sense to buy back shares at a historically high price at this kind of level. Apple currently has the balance about right, but anything more aggressive hurts them in the long term. If in 4, 5 or 10 years time, the landscape is different and Apple needs to raise money, it might be selling the shares at a loss.
It's a nice app, and going ad-free on the iPad is worth the premium. Safari reader works well, but by then you've already been bombarded with T-mobile ads.
 Well that's because Apple wanted to keep the 4:3 form factor, AND (originally) the 10x7 resolution. A 7 inch screen at 4:3 ratio would not have worked - the size and form factor were 'obvious' if they wanted it to be small and practical. Any by the way, that's not a bad thing - Ive is always talking about products being 'true to themselves'. I love 4:3 for my iPad because it's the best way to read magazines and read online content (I'm on the iPad 3rd gen). But this "you...
ZOMG, Toyota just releazed a n3w c@r wif teh 4 wheels and enginz... th3y must have copeed teh Henry Ford.... All tablets are going to normalize towards a common form factor. Does anyone bang on about Apple "copying" the (obvious) 7-inch tablet?
And thanks for the zero-contribute comment. What do you do exactly for the betterment of society again? I'd actually like Yahoo to wake up and become relevant again, and I could untangle myself from f-ing Google.
 3rd parties will recompile if necessary, just like they did with the previous switches - your first statement is simply not reflected by what has happened historically. There certainly is a danger of giving up performance, but when when you see that Haswell is 22% of the cost of a MBA, whereas a potential A8 would be a fraction of that, it looks compelling to Apple. Not to mention power consumption... and if you remember the Intel switch, it was all about 'performance per...
I'll stream it over Aereo. Keep cutting the cords.