or Connect

Posts by Zoolook

Of course not, you recompile for ARM - Apple have already done this when they switched from PPC to Intel.
No, I think there is a market for a device that covers both the MBA and iPad functionality.
Wow, you convinced me. What a great argument; well put, quoted all the facts, really coherent.You should quit whatever job you have and become a diplomat, or go into arbitration. Where did you learn such sharp debating skills? 3rd grade?
Intel are planning a Windows/Android hybrid this year   http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/3/5267360/intel-dual-os-pc-plus-android-windows-microsoft-objection   It certainly makes sense that Apple will do something similar. The real question is whether the ARM chips can run OS X anywhere close to Haswell. Apparently the A5 could just about manage it. A 64-bit quad-core A8 with enough RAM should be able to pull it off, with some performance compromises.
 "Adding a 4K monitor as part of the cost of the computer is kind of silly. If you are going to max out the Mac Pro -- of course you are going to need a super monitor to take advantage of that. But a $125 monitor is "equivalent" or sufficient." Really? So someone who is going to spend at least $3,000 on a computer, will get a $125 monitor. You were saying something about me being "silly". "People maxing out the SSD have money to blow. It isn't Apple necessarily forcing a...
 Yes I was - and the keyboard and mouse. I'm not sure when these kinds of things started becoming optional with a Pro (I know display has always been separate, but let's be honest, you need one because you're likely to sell your existing one with your old Mac Pro.
[quote]with some configurations reaching nearly $10,000.[/quote]   More like $14,000   Anyway, the Logic Pro updates are amazing, more than worthy of a point update in my opinion, but Apple seems happy rolling them out casually without fanfare. The multi-core load balance is finally working across single instruments with multi-out. Something we've been crying out for since, literally, Logic 6.
Oops, wrong Union Square...
[quote] Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are every bit as fast, stable, and feature-rich as their desktop counterparts[/quote]   Well that's because the desktop versions were dumbed down to only include features that could be crammed into an iPhone. Hardly an endorsement worth bragging about.
Are they going to re-instate the ability to email groups, just by typing the group name? This was lost in iOS too.