or Connect

Posts by Zoolook

It doesn't affect my meditation, sex-life or how I treat my team at work... So not worried to that extent... ...but some people I know are extremely heavily invested in Google and it doesn't seem easy to untangle yourself. My wife tracks all her invoice time-sheets on Google Docs (she's a freelance writer) plus all her email correspondance on Gmail (she never uses a local client to read them, all cloud). She also has a stock portfolio stored on her Google Finance home...
Yes I jumped aboard with the 3GS as well - 32 gigs of RAM is finally enough to hold a full TV season, a film or two plus enough music to last a business trip, AND Safari is now just about as fast as on a MacBook via WiFi. This thing's a beast. The next point release of iPhone OS just needs to address battery life (profiles would be good, kicking in location services or 3G only when needed - for example, switch off 3G when WiFi is available automatically). Nice phone...
I've been using Google for ten years, but I'm getting worried about their expansion, because the areas in which they're going are needless and fracture the eco system. Whatever we say about Microsoft, at least you know where you stand - you can keep your Word documents on your own HDD and open them with just about any application. I have no idea how far Google will go. Anyone think you'll be able to run Firefox or Safari on Google OS? Or Silverlight for Netflix...
AI... you missed this text with the update from Apple: "We appreciate the information provided to us about SMS vulnerabilities which affect several mobile phone platforms. This morning, less than 24 hours after a demonstration of this exploit, we've issued a free software update that eliminates the vulnerability from the iPhone. Contrary to what's been reported, no one has been able to take control of the iPhone to gain access to personal information using this...
A little surprised? Try reading your forums and see why people are hesitant. Users like me have been using iBank since version 2.0, and the app still can't draw a chart to scale... THAT (amongst other things) is the reason more haven't switched. iBank is a really nice app, but still has a long way to go... I even posted a video for them to show the difference between MS Money reports and what's possible in iBank.
Be careful... as an ex-Brit now living in the US (for quite some time now) having an advertising standards watchdog is probably a better use of tax 'dollars' than many other things I could mention. On British TV, you don't get utter bullshit commercials lying through their teeth to get you to buy some pill that will solve all your life's woes... for example. Maybe Britons should shout for their tax 'dollars' to be spent subsidising awful telecoms companies who stifle...
I'm not exactly a big fan of unions myself, but there is some irony in your comment. The reason unions existed in the first place was to ensure basic human rights and prevent this kind of thing happening. By the way, this is not limited to Apple or even China. South America is notorious for this kind of thing happening as well, Coca-Cola amongst others have an appalling track record of human right abuses in some countries.
Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. I really wish we didn't make things in China with these companies. Foxxcon should be held accountable.
I think there is still a market for high capacity iPods. A full season of any TV show, plus the average album collection, is way more than 32GB or even 64GB, so 100GBs plus is still desirable. So the question becomes, what is the capacity cieling for most consumers, and how long will it be before SSD is affordable at that capacity. I think it's going to settle aroud 120 - 160GBs
Which says it all. If consumers don't give a shit about the conditions of the people who build their products, how can we expect the companies to? Additionally, this is exactly why so many jobs are vanishing from the US, because all consumers care about is getting more for less.