or Connect

Posts by Zoolook

Bog down a Core2Duo with Rosetta running the most inefficient PowerPC Carbon Code ever written.
I am on the Beta... believe me, the cover flow is a gimmick - I mean seriously, seeing your registers go by like album art? Why? The reason they did this, is because all the beta-testers universally despised QFLfM and most people said they'd stick to either iBank (which is far better than the QFL beta) or run virtual machines and stay with Quicken for Windows. I really hope they make is easier to migrate from Quicken Windows, and I for one will be glad to get rid of...
I think it's easy to forget that Apple is, first and foremost, a business. It's poignant to note that 10 years ago, Microsoft could have bought Apple out 10x over, and still had change to swallow Google. If you look at the current market cap of the two companies, MSFT is barely 60% bigger than Apple, despite owning a virtual monopoly on computer software (OS and Office). While Microsoft has spent the last 10 years trying to figure out how to get into search, consoles and...
The answer is pretty simple. If you don't like it, don't buy the content. Buy the DVD or a Blu-Ray player. People bitch and moan about this stuff, and buy it anyway.
I could not get this to work. The telephone icon in the menu bar just scrolls "Authenticating" continuously. I am not sure whether this is supposed to allow my BlackBerry to dial a specific service provider (in which case this is no good) or use my existing data stream, as I have unlimited data access already. I am using a Blackberry 8800, T-Mobile USA and Mac OS X 10.5.5.
It's interesting, but for me it has the same problem as the Dow, which is that it is a very selective sub-set of companies and the movement of the Dow is not a very accurate representation of the market overall. The S&P 500 is far more accurate, and regardless, the NYSE, NASDAQ etc, all have global companies listed. My own company, Deutsche Bank, is listed on the NYSE as well as the Dax 30 (another very restricted listing) - and I noticed it's on the Global Dow...
I'm going to run up a couple of billions in losses too... It's very sad to see Detroit get pounded (yet again), but which moron in 2000/2001 said "lets invest all our money in designing 14mpg V8 SUVs... "
Believe it or not, Windows 1.0 was going to have contextually sized scroll-bars (something we take for granted now), but Gates insisted it was removed, because the feature wasn't on the Mac. Proof, as if any were needed, that Windows was intended to replicate the Mac as close as possible.
Well as always, it depends on what you need it for and most importantly what size screen you really want/need. Personally I'd go for the Pro, because I'd want the Firewire and the screen real-estate. What is the primary purpose of the machine? What size laptop are you used to?
On the contrary, it's a good appointment and at least reveals the stinky bullshit of Palin and McCain who accused of being an enemy of Israel.