or Connect

Posts by 21yr_mac_user

FYI out there: My version 7.1.2 doesn't work with the new Macbook SSD NVMe interface - there is a beta dev version that can run it - but not sure if the fix is in 8 or not - can't find out anywhere I've looked...
Exactly, My wife's clinic has two apps that are windows only (including windows server) - so we have 5 surface pro 3s and 6 dell PCs. It takes forever to maintain all those machines and there are endless issues - but we are stuck so we keep buying more PCs... (however she works at home on a macbook air!)
I have no idea why 99% of the comments are so against the patriot act. There are millions of people around the world that want harm to come to us and thousands willing to die for it. Like it or not we are in a war - ultimately and long term for our very survial and this is the bare minimum to help stem this ongoing and only increasing threat. Technology has made this threat worst and we need techological mitigations to help counteract the threats. I have no doublt these...
Apple should just deal with Intel - an American company with American jobs - (in the big picture who cares if it costs a little more - the money stays here in the US!) and Fab their next gen processors with Intel's latest process tech - it would leapfrog them a generation or two in front of Samsung, combined with Apple's more efficient architecture would be an unbeatable combination. Right now Apple pouring money into TSMC and Sammy fabs is ultimately going to hurt the US...
I got a plus over a month ago and my wife a 6. She likes the six - but is myopic so font size isn't an issue for her. she was also happy with the 5 before, but she is envious of the plus's big screen.   For me I'm not a big guy but the plus fits well enough in my front pocket (I carry it all the time and even when sitting for long periods). The one-handed usability is poorly designed (the buttons and CM of the phone don't support it), but I use it two handed and it's...
I'm with Relic on this one - my wife has a recent 11" air and a surface pro 3 for work (PC required for some programs). The 11" air screen is a POS - a crappy TN display with too high of a pixel density - I can't even use it without getting a headache and loved her previous 13" air first gen TFT screen. In contract the surface pro 3 screen is amazing (and touch and pen as well) - and you can set the system fonts to whatever size you want - but I really dislike windows and...
      Business is war, Google has allowed the flood gates of Android competition to open and it really is a fight for survival. The phone manufacturers know that the next 5 years is do or die and they are pulling out all the stops. Apple is resting on it's laurels and mindshare. The fact is most people including me want a bigger screen but I sooner eat my left foot then go google or buy Korean - But we can only wait so long, and those who don't care will buy Androids more...
I have seen the same thing - long time iPhone users are opting for the big screen - mainly to avoid carrying 2 devices - (e.g. why have an iPad mini and a iPhone when you can have one 5-6" phone?).   Also anyone over 45 with bad eyesight (the marketshare with $$$), needs a bigger screen. Also many men (like my Dad) have fingers too big for the iPhone. If a 6" iPhone came out, my family and I would buy 4 tomorrow - I don't really want to buy a bunch of mini's.
Here's a comment actually relating to this patent: I have that original uni-body macbook and the original macbook air shortly before it. I have to admit I really dislike this patent's integrated button vs the separate original macair button. The integrated button is heavy, noisy has too much force required and doesn't work well at the corners. I have to go with enabling the virtual button which I don't like because of the increase of false clicks. I just recently got a new...
I'm a big apple fan but this is simply not true. One big reason Apple almost ate it was because it's market share was so low that it couldn't get a critical mass of developers behind it - the intel switch and ability to run windows was a key turning point to allow people to justify purchasing a less developed for OS. iOS has so many apps because it was the first out and had initially had 100% mobile developer support. If it's US market share were to go below ~20% there...