or Connect

Posts by 21yr_mac_user

I got a plus over a month ago and my wife a 6. She likes the six - but is myopic so font size isn't an issue for her. she was also happy with the 5 before, but she is envious of the plus's big screen.   For me I'm not a big guy but the plus fits well enough in my front pocket (I carry it all the time and even when sitting for long periods). The one-handed usability is poorly designed (the buttons and CM of the phone don't support it), but I use it two handed and it's...
I'm with Relic on this one - my wife has a recent 11" air and a surface pro 3 for work (PC required for some programs). The 11" air screen is a POS - a crappy TN display with too high of a pixel density - I can't even use it without getting a headache and loved her previous 13" air first gen TFT screen. In contract the surface pro 3 screen is amazing (and touch and pen as well) - and you can set the system fonts to whatever size you want - but I really dislike windows and...
      Business is war, Google has allowed the flood gates of Android competition to open and it really is a fight for survival. The phone manufacturers know that the next 5 years is do or die and they are pulling out all the stops. Apple is resting on it's laurels and mindshare. The fact is most people including me want a bigger screen but I sooner eat my left foot then go google or buy Korean - But we can only wait so long, and those who don't care will buy Androids more...
I have seen the same thing - long time iPhone users are opting for the big screen - mainly to avoid carrying 2 devices - (e.g. why have an iPad mini and a iPhone when you can have one 5-6" phone?).   Also anyone over 45 with bad eyesight (the marketshare with $$$), needs a bigger screen. Also many men (like my Dad) have fingers too big for the iPhone. If a 6" iPhone came out, my family and I would buy 4 tomorrow - I don't really want to buy a bunch of mini's.
Here's a comment actually relating to this patent: I have that original uni-body macbook and the original macbook air shortly before it. I have to admit I really dislike this patent's integrated button vs the separate original macair button. The integrated button is heavy, noisy has too much force required and doesn't work well at the corners. I have to go with enabling the virtual button which I don't like because of the increase of false clicks. I just recently got a new...
I'm a big apple fan but this is simply not true. One big reason Apple almost ate it was because it's market share was so low that it couldn't get a critical mass of developers behind it - the intel switch and ability to run windows was a key turning point to allow people to justify purchasing a less developed for OS. iOS has so many apps because it was the first out and had initially had 100% mobile developer support. If it's US market share were to go below ~20% there...
Most Silicon valley companies don't make much profit and even if they do it doesn't get passed on to shareholders. Until this year Apple was one of them. As a shareholder, other then dividends, your stock price is mostly based on growth and growth potential - thus Amazon's lofty price   If you don't have dividends there are two ways to spend your corporate $$$   1) put it in the bank and use it to grow via acquisition and buying out the competition --> more the...
To all those who dis Amazon's P/E - from the get go Bezos has always been about growing Amazon as fast as possible and plugging every available cent back into the business as any smart CEO does in a high growth phase of the a business. If Bezos listened to wall street, Amazon would still be only selling books. If Amazon wanted they could stop R&D and have a huge P/E at any point - but why? stop growing and give the money to shareholders instead of building your...
This is a poor example and I have to respond here as one who did it for very simple reasons: A new iPhone4s 64GB is $1200 without contract, after selling my iPhone4 32GB (after eBay fees) it cost me $70 to upgrade for double the memory (which will be worth much more if I sell it in the future). (If I had stayed with the 32GB I would have made $30!) If I am paying AT&T $37-45 bucks per month to buy my iPhone why would I stay on contract with an old iPhone that has been...
I have a medium octo-core end MacPro3,1 which I have beefed up to 4TB internal storage and 2 X25-M intel SSDs 1 for 10.6 bootup and 1 for win7 ultimate. 5 drives, one machine and I have 2 removable eSATA backup drives used to image copy my backup drives monthly - this setup would be a mess with external drives and a thousand power bricks. In addition - I need the flexibility, updatability and I need a paper weight that is secure and I can lock down. I also need 2-3 24"...