or Connect

Posts by montevina

I've deleted com.apple.autowake.plist, com.apple.PowerManagement.plis and also reset the PRAM and SMC. My macbook still won't go into sleep after the 1 minute mark (test purposes) I have set in the energy preferences. I know there are 3rd party programs out there which will force the machine to sleep, but Im looking to resolve this without installing anything. The screen will go blank, but my macbook will remain in the same state, without the front light breathing. This...
So I have bluetooth devices enabled to awake my macbook, and I numerously tried turning off the screen saver and removed and plugged back in the mini display port (mini to a dvi --> LG W2361VG). It has been connected to my LG monitor for over a year and it has worked fine in clam shell and in dual monitor mode, until now that is. Each time I connect my MB to the monitor, and close the lid (wait till it goes to sleep) and try to awake thru the keyboard, the monitor turns on...
So I have bluetooth devices enabled to awake my macbook, and I numerously tried turning off the screen saver and removed and plugged back in the mini display port (mini to a dvi --> LG W2361VG). It has been connected to my LG monitor for over a year and it has worked fine in clam shell and in dual monitor mode, until now that is. Each time I connect my MB to the monitor, and close the lid (wait till it goes to sleep) and try to awake thru the keyboard, the monitor turns...
This past weekend I picked up the new 6th generation 16gb nano in Graphite (awesome color). So without really giving a full charge I decided to take for a spin to the gym. The battery out of the box was at about 50% full so after about an hour of using it I let it go about 25% and took it home and gave it a full charge. Today however (with light to moderate use) I noticed the battery level was at about 95%, before it managed to drain to only about 25% after being in the...
So I've been using my old trusty wireless router (Linksys WRTS54G) for quite some time now and I decided I need to upgrade to N-draft and something with USB support for wireless time machine backups. The only problem I've been running into is that I can't locate any decent rated routers out there which do not conflict with using OS X. Essentially I would settle for something without USB support and keep plugging in my portable HD into my macbook each time I need to backup,...
Just yesterday I managed to get my hands on a copy of Dumb & Dumber HD (720 m4v)..and as soon as I got it into my movies folder I noticed it actually had an album art set to it (its actual movie cover). I believe there is a way to attach/set album art to movies in iTunes (just like the songs) but is there a way to do it through the finder? When I get info... the title of the movie and details such as the directors and copyright info is included.
Actually the drive was not mounted nor connected when I was installing windows..I tried backing out when I was in the middle of installing windows (not wise) but regardless it should not have an effect on time machine since after backing out I reinstalled os x . . . THAT's when I tried to use TM to reinstall from latest backup.
Keeping your sensitive personal windows issues aside, you still haven't really helped nor explained why time machine acted in such manner because certainly it wasn't because of boot camp. Once again, it did not do what it was supposed to which was fairly simple, transfer over or merge pre existing files over to the new OS. Try not sit there and be so confident "I am correct" unless you have a decent explanation of the problem because most definitely blaming it on windows...
you might be right
This past weekend I had to reinstall os x due to messing around with boot camp (long story) and when I went to restore using TM either through the migration assistant or using the install disc and restoring to specific date did not work. Each time I tried recovering either way the process kept stopping at around 30% with an error message referring to the disk being corrupt. I cant recall the exact message but I used disk utility verify and repair to test the external hd...