or Connect

Posts by ernstcs

I know that a lot of you have asked specifically what it is people used XServe for, and I can tell you that I only have two of them. I use them for software to management my Enterprise Mac environment. My management suite is, for the most part, only supported on OS X Server. That limits me on what type of hardware I can run that suite on, but I will die before I give up the management suite I'm using. However, options for the supported OS for my management suite may expand...
Dear Apple, What the US needs right now are some more manufacturing jobs for the many people here, in the US, that currently do not have jobs. If you're having issues getting enough production out of your factories in lands far away, perhaps consider building a few of them here so you could be one of the few electronics manufacturers that can say Made in the USA. There are many people looking for a job in the US so you should have no problems finding people...
Can I call my Polycom and Tandberg equipment? That would be nice...
I guess my only concern about switching to an Apple for my gaming, which I would LOVE to do, is the ability to keep up with hardware requirements when newer games and technologies come out. If you buy an actual Apple computer it's very difficult to do your own upgrades to new video cards and processors. The MacPro can help with the video card issue somewhat, as long as you replace it with a card with drivers for Mac OS X. However, changing out processors on iMac and...
I don't really use the Creative Suite a whole lot for my own needs, but I deploy and manage a few hundred systems. The issues I have always had is just dealing with that and trying to automate it. Our management software company, bless their heart, has done everything they can to make it as simple as possible to deploy. Even with that there are still issues that just SUCK! - How about allowing the installation of the suites without requiring a user to be logged on for...
I am enjoying the series, but don't get too drawn into dinging Windows. Keep the series informative about the changes for Snow Leopard. This line was a bit much for me out of the whole thing: "updates are not as easy to install" I'm pretty sure that with automatic updates turned on updates are fairly easy to install for Windows users. Oh what's that? I nice yellow shield in the lower-right telling me updates are available, click here to install. Sounds pretty...
Great, now I get to wait for the activation servers to come back up. Wasn't this the same problem the last time?