or Connect

Posts by krabbelen

I don't get it, his company is dedicated to malware, isn't it?
 A lot of what you are saying makes sense. However, as much as it would be admirable and lovely if US-headquartered companies such as Apple supported the US as much as possible by bringing all their foreign-earned cash reserves back, it would also be nice if the US govt. supported them in turn. Maybe balance out getting Apple and others to repatriate all their foreign earnings by levying some kind of tariff against foreign competitors whose own govts are particularly lax...
 Are you sure all that IP transfer business is, in fact, what is happening in Apple's case? Sure, that is what would be happening in the *typical* "Irish-flim-flam-with-a-Dutch-sandwich" or whatever it is called. But, I thought Apple had basically denied doing that specifically? My immediate thought is that it is much more straightforward:When purchases are made throughout Europe at a physical Apple Store or Reseller, which are physically located on the ground in various...
 Why? Because there would be some form of "double taxation". You don't want to be taxed twice, or arbitrarily, on the same income. Rather reminds me of why USA split from UK in the first place! So, different ways exist to reduce your taxable incomes legally -- and whether one would call them "loopholes" or not, they legally exist. A relative of mine lived in the Ukraine for many years. He noted that if a corporation dutifully paid all the taxes that were on the books, they...
 It's not about hardware vs. software, nor is it "dodging" ...It's about physical location of sales. As far as VAT anyway, the following holds true (and I would imagine that other taxes would be similar) : If the location of sales is a physical store within an EU country -- ie, a brick-and-mortar Apple Store or reseller, then the sale is booked in that country. If the sale is online, then it doesn't matter what country the buyer is in: the sale is made where the vendor has...
 Samsung may be attempting to double-dip, so that needs to be determined first. They certainly have attempted to do so before. In other words, the patent(s) they may be attempting to collect royalties on from Apple may be covered by Apple's suppliers when the components were initially purchased (such as radio chipsets from Qualcomm, etc.) If there is yet something that is not covered by royalties already paid, then Samsung needs to accept terms from Apple that are in line...
Hang on, no. You are totally misunderstanding iCloud and iTunes Match. They are incredible value. And no, you don't have to purchase Match to get some value out of iCloud.First off, any music (and movies I guess) that you purchase through iTunes is automatically stored for you for streaming. It doesn't even take away from your 5GB free available for files. Doesn't matter how much you have purchased, you can stream it to any of your devices. I just did that today -- have...
Um, it certainly is... And 4.3 is even more LOL. You don't seem to get it, do you? The iPhone has 8GB total, the Galaxy 16GB. So, whatever amount Apple is using up for iOS, Samsung is using that, PLUS 4.3GB! How is that bad news for AI or Apple 8GB iPhone users? It's extremely bad news for 16GB Galaxy users. That "additional" 8GB is yielding them 3.7GB in real terms. ...but that's the kind of reasoning I have come to expect from Apple critics and Android franatics.
That is the mystery to members of the Church of MarketShare, isn't it? Only, Apple's marketshare of all mobiles isn't shrinking, it's growing. What's "shrinking", is share of arbitrary sub-set smartphone. This is largely unimportant, because the definition of that category changes every month, and that category is rapidly growing to subsume all of Mobile, of which it is a subset. So, by definition, you can't measure more than all mobile; therefore, that is the best metric,...
 Of course iPads don't boot Android or Windows. And Google or Motorola branded devices don't boot Windows. That's hardly the point. The point is that Google is operating with an "Open", Horizontal, Modular model, whereby it is licensing its OS. Apple doesn't license its OS; it has a Vertical, integrated business model. Two different animals. But Google is leveraging its muscle to horizontally dictate to its partners. Just as MS did with Linux and browsers other than IE....