or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

This device is DONE. Under current mobile market dynamics, you've got but a small window to make a big impact. No matter what you're offering, if your device(s) fail to capture consumer interest within that timeframe, you're done. Bringing back essentially *the same thing* is foolhardy, and a complete waste of resources. The price of this sort of failure is that if you want to return for a second try, you'll have to bring something totally game-changing to the table. If...
It also warns developers not to hog resources within widgets, noting that, "functionality that makes heavy use of system resources is appropriate for an app, not an app extension."     This.   ^^^   ​It's little details like this that keep iOS quality, speed, and efficiency, way above other mobile operating systems.
That entire scene is masterfully done. The tension!You eventually figure that the driver was never in the diner, but not before you're frantically examining everyone right along with him.
Tim is more than just Apple's CEO. Nice to see him TAKING A STAND on social issues, and issues which in this case are very much at the forefront of public and legal discourse in the United States. I'm Canadian, and we've long since resolved these issues, so Tim might not have reason to speak out up here. But down south, social justice tends to move forward at a much slower rate, which calls for greater awareness.
DOA, just like the rest of their mobile platform. I can't even LMAO anymore because this non-strategy is approaching HP WebOS/Blackberry levels of inexplicability. New CEO just like old CEO. 2014 MS mobile penetration just like 2010 MS mobile penetration. *waits for wholesale cancellation of entire Windows Phone platform* That ^^^ is in the mail. No markethshare, no profit, no consumer interest.
Spielberg's Duel. Got it right away. I'm in my late 30s, but I can't stomach anything coming out of Hollywood since the early 2000s. So classics like this and foreign films have filled the void quite nicely.Time for another Onibaba viewing very soon.At any rate, they don't make em like that (Duel) anymore.
I just can't feel sorry for these people anymore.
Well of course. Apple software is designed specifically for Apple hardware.   Optimization already comes with the meal.
But owning apps and having those apps actually installed, are two different things. I own hundreds of apps, but they are not all installed at the same time. I'm apparently a great customer (by this standard, anyway), but how I manage my files is completely up to me. Including how my phone performs in light of my personal use case. I can't really blame a smartphone for kinda cocking up when it has to manage 700 apps. If it sounds excessive (and as far general use cases go,...
 Whole different ballgame with such niche-use cases.  Granted, repeating boot-loops are an extreme consequence, but to expect no consequences for using a system in ways that are way outside normal use cases is rather silly.