or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

I'm all for this.    The Apple experience has to be aesthetically tight and (in terms of service) comprehensive like no other, from cradle to grave.    It's little details like this that have and continue to set Apple apart. 
  "The Hospital"?? Yeah that sounds great.   smh.    Whereas "The Pharmacy" makes actual sense, and isn't spectacularly off-putting.  Music being the "medicine" prescribed by the "Dr" (Dre.)
East is East and West is West, and the twain shall never meet.  Except to allow everyone, straight or otherwise, access to Apple gear.  Cook showing his support for LGBT rights doesn't mean that straight folk in countries that persecute their LGBT community shouldn't have access to Apple products.  Carly sorta missed that point in her haste to tear down her competitor, posting from her iPhone, no doubt.  
I'll settle for the exception proving the rule.  ;)
 You're forgetting that a portion (loud, and more sizeable than you'd think) of your population is socially backward, some of whom are horrifically bigoted to boot and have no concept of even the most basic notion of social justice. It's a humanitarian issue just as much as a social issue.   It's about time that a very sensible few (at least who seem capable of it) drag them – kicking and screaming – into the 21st century. A lot of other modern democratic countries have...
Interesting view. I can't say I disagree with it, although I have no problem with the notion of the Abrahamic religions' concept of God.  Well said.  Oh, and I just noticed: "Fundies" is a play on "fundamentalists."
Religion isn't the problem. Buddhists never bothered anyone, and Zen Buddhism in particular is something a lot of folks should look into as a matter of course. Then again, these aren't deistic "religions."   The problem is how it is used.    Some folks have a very poor (and warped) relationship with religion. 
 Ask anyone in the LGBT community or anyone who isn't white.  And socially, Canada is an example for the rest of the world. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Probably from the very same ideology that is preoccupied with denying others the same basic rights *you* have on the basis of sexual orientation. And to the fundies and assorted varieties of religious conservatives in this thread:   God made black holes, nebulae, stars that burn at 25,000...
This ^^^ is why America is a social nightmare.I don't always agree with the SCOTUS. On some issues they haven't legislated far enough in terms of the social good. It was, however, nice to see recent strides made in Hate Crime legislation. But for once on the LGBT front, they're *finally* legislating like it really is 2015.