or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

Apple's loyal Pro customers bought Macs.  Which run "Pro" software. Like Lightroom. 
  Macs can run Lightroom. 
And?   Non-event if there ever was one.    Those who were serious about this area moved to Lightroom long ago.    It's the few that were sitting on the fence - waiting in hope - who will be affected, and who, incidentally, should have also moved to Lightroom a long time ago. Well now they can.    And Apple *will* be replacing these apps. The result? We don't know. But solutions abound, that's for sure. There is no shortage of photo management/editing software for...
1. Go to About this mac under the apple in the upper left and click on More info 2. Click on system report 3. make a note of what it says after Model Identifier 4. go to your master drive – System -Library – Extensions – IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext -Contents – Plugins – ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext – Contents – Resources – find the name from step 3 and move it to a folder that you can find again if needed. 3. Restart and you’re done You *might* have to repeat the process...
There's a kernel_task fix. I'll post it shortly.
My understanding has always been that the MBP shouldn't be run with its lid closed. Heat issues, etc. 
Apple has a way of knowing what consumers way before even they do. All they need to do is show the goods.
Why would consumers who made a conscious decision against choosing Microsoft hardware turn around and trade in their Mac for it?   Well all had a choice.
How about the fight QFT. Very well said. 
 Right? I don't get it, though. Maybe I'm just not paying attention. Which would mean I've been ignorant about how every available version of OS X that I have installed on this machine has been running since October 2008 (once the unibodies were released, I figured I could get a deal on the previous model, and I did.)  I just never really had any complaints worth writing (ranting?) about, from Leopard to Mavericks. Everything always more or less performed as expected and...