or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

Now that you mention hot metal, it's interesting how some typefaces survived (and didn't) the transition to digital print. Bembo, for example, didn't fare so well until Bembo Book was released, which recaptured a lot of its sparkle and chunky quality – it's strength on the page.  We're undergoing a similar transition in terms of type for the screen (now the web, rather than low-res displays.) While Verdana and Georgia remain the most meticulously hinted fonts ever made –...
Nope, not just you. Avenir and Avenir Next are classic choices. Based on that you should check out Proxima Nova as well. It's not free (as far as I know, though the webfont version is probably included as part of a fee), but it's been making big waves in digital typography for years now.This site uses it or something very similar for body text.I love digital and print typography. Typeface design can be a painstaking process. A lot of the very good ones are expensive, some...
I use the native OS X and iOS notes apps daily. Not much out there that trumps either of them in ease of use and convenience. Great to see them get some love.
The water bottle and a laptop.... and the sudden realization that.... that's Apple. THAT is Apple. It's all you need. And the ideas do the talking. Reminded me of when Steve just sat in front of a Mac on stage with a bottle of water and BOOM... Magic.
Decisions in this area are based on consumer demand. If it just isn't there, or if it's being superseded by greater demand (for something more interesting), or if Apple sees a better proposition for their bottom line by pushing folks to another product that can fill that need and do more (and make them more money), then iPod development/production will be reduced.
It's a Snow Leopard style release. And so much the better. I'm all for major under the hood improvements plus a few new conveniences.
Branding, and "Apple's own", so to speak.  Additionally, it ties together other iOS devices with the Watch UI font. It's for consistency's sake.  San Fran is a little thicker then Helvetica Neue. Not a bad thing. I'd say it's a better fit in terms of readability. 
OS X El Capitan (OS X 10.11) supports the following Macs:   •    iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) •    MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer) •    MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) •    Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer) •    MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) •    Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer) •    Xserve (Early 2009)   ---------------     Early 2008 MBP still going strong.  
 This is no problem.    It's normal for most Android users.
Ah, good. Thank you.