or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

All the mobile photo work that matters is being done with iPhones. And it's iPhone photos that are usually the best looking. Another example of Apple doing way, way more, with less.
And why shouldn't it drop?   We've already got iPads we're happy with. These aren't smartphones. There's no need to buy a new iPad every year.    Once we all have these devices with long shelf lives, sales will level off.    In the meantime what has Apple done?   They released the iPhone 6+. Less of a reason to get an iPad (though there are still reasons to get one), and more of a reason to just get a bigger phone with a great display. It's just a smaller iPad but...
Sends all other wearables to /dev/null
 Was wondering at first glance whether it was a GDI or Brotherhood of Nod unit. 
 Really not looking to get into another iOS vs. Android debate (but why not), but it's only with Lollipop that Android doesn't look like a dark, gloomy, unintuitive mess.  I find Material Design to be rather attractive, and the animations are tasteful. Android is very pleasant to use now. I recently gave the Nexus 6 a test drive and I have to say, if I were to ever get an Android device that'd be it. Stock Android now looks and feels great with Lollipop - and especially on...
Unless I'm mistaken and it's not quite the same, you can get Google Now via the Google app on the App Store. I'm using it right now, actually. Cards and "ok Google" and everything. Even has the same animations as on Lollipop (looks like it, anyway.)
Might as well bring it to other platforms. Windows Phone is pretty much dead. 
Good eye. I learned something today.  :)
My main machine is an early 2008 MBP 15-in. with 6GB RAM. Granted, I take good care of it, but these things are built to last in the first place. It's run every OS since Tiger without a hitch. And Yosemite runs very nicely on it, even while using it with an external 24-in. display. The only thing I'm really missing is the Handoff portion of Continuity, but I get all the rest of Continuity and I can more than hang on until an upgrade maybe next year.  If I want to squeeze...