or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

So what.   Record quarter just past, selling all the right things in terms of the market. 
Apple rules the platinum end of the PC retail market. That's all you need to know. The barrier is price, because Apple doesn't ship junk. Macs are the best the market has to offer, they are also the most PROFITABLE in the PC biz, and they rule consumer satisfaction for nearly a decade now.Apple won the PC wars by doing a vertical business model RIGHT.Want a Mac? Great. Be prepared to pay, because quality and attention to detail like THAT doesn't come at Acer or Dell...
Time to downgrade Apple.
HOW exactly, is a messenger app worth BILLIONS??   This is getting a little ridiculous, and for some reason fills me with a sense of foreboding. Something just isn't right about trends like this. 
I still have mine. Runs iOS 7 great and everything I throw at it runs beautifully.    It was and still is a great device. 
  Well done.    ;) 
  Credit where it's due. This is APPLE. They seem to (consistently) understand design.  My level-headed admonishment vs. all the "Apple should do X or their mobile strategy will collapse" posts in this thread. Choose the one that consistently makes the most sense from *both* a market share perspective *and* a profit perspective. Note that the current Apple designed phones (such bezels!) sold to the tune of 51 million in the quarter just passed, which is a new record for...
I'm pretty sure that if Apple has plans to do a larger iPhone, they'll know exactly how to do it.
I do agree, his reasons do sound a little off. However, not everyone's reasons are going to sound rational to others. Some folks aren't about money, or they actually fear having it. Others can't handle any amount of fame - or they think they could and when it happens they feel cornered. There are brilliant (and not so brilliant) but very reclusive and eccentric people out there, who are motivated in vastly different ways than what were used to, and who react to certain...
In the final reckoning, Apple won the desktop wars.