or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

In the final reckoning, Apple won the desktop wars.
  Or everyone in the country defines, collectively, what is and is not customary/permissible for the institutions and individuals therein.  What is the acceptable, cultural norm for you and me might not be for them, and vice-versa. What we might find completely rude behaviour by the average Chinese (and I've noticed a lot of Westerners find their attitude rather dismissive and rough - and perhaps it's a legitimate reaction to the way *we* are), they might find completely...
 Alright, I hadn't considered this. Mea culpa. This makes more sense.  So am I correct in assuming that this explains Samsung's order? Is there a relationship between the two?
Is this a cultural thing?   Is this how South Koreans conduct themselves?   I know that it *seems* like the ebb and and flow of cutthroat competition, but stuff like this doesn't make Samsung look good - obviously. Do they not realize this??   Hope someone can answer. 
Steve wanted a lot of things back in the day.    He was probably also relieved that he didn't do some of those things. At the end of the day, OS X ran on Macs. End of story.    Additionally, a lot of claims can be made about Steve after his passing. Yes, Steve probably liked Sony and its folk. And yes, this could also be right up there with the rest of the "Elvis was my dad!" fish-stories. 
Pretty genius when there's legit demand for your superseded, older hardware (that *still* impresses in design.)   It is, after all, a conduit to Apple's ecosystem. That alone is a big draw.  
Seems like business as usual, then. A company man that learned from Gates and Ballmer.    Great news . . .         for the competition. 
Just leave it to Tim and co.   They seem to be the only ones who know wtf they're doing in this age of changing market dynamics. Apple has *the* best mix of market share + profit. Bar none. Under Tim, now, Apple enjoyed RECORD PROFITS and RECORD SALES of everything that matters in today's market.    If Apple believes they don't need to run a Super Bowl ad, you can bet your donuts to their DOLLARS that they probably have a good reason.    Besides, what ads? The Apple...
Well just as I thought. Putting costly and fragile electronic devices in your back pocket and bloody well sitting on them, and shifting your weight on them, is NOT the way to take care of your device. Not Apple's fault. Don't sit on your devices, folks. This should be obvious, but a good chunk of the under-30 population of today is practically brain-dead.
I've seen folks with phones in their back-pocket. Which essentially means they're sitting on them. I imagine they'd be causing the phone to undergo weird, intermittent structural stress as they shift around in their seat.