or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

Good for Tim!
But now these "small features" aren't only on the world's shittiest operating system.  That's the kicker. 
Gave my early 2008 MacBook Pro 15-inch (6GB) new life. Runs super quiet, and everything's very smooth, especially the animations to do with Mission Control and Launchpad. I ran the betas and they were great as well. Really impressed so far.
Cook made a general comment about opportunism, Sorkin took that personally, and attacked cook personally, while injecting an ignorant accusation about slave labour or whatever nonsense that isn't even true (but that doesn't matter, because Sorkin made it personal). Sorkin essentially lost his damn mind, completely shit himself for the world to see, and then offered the most bullshit, strings-attached apology to have been made in recent memory.  NOW you can send the thread...
You know what, I think that Tim Cook and I probably both went a little too far," Sorkin commented to E! News. "And I apologize to Tim Cook. I hope when he sees the movie, he enjoys it as much as I enjoy his products." This is not an apology. It's an attempt to admit fault while pointing the finger at the other party in order to keep things even. Forced sharing of blame. Transparent buffoonery.
Apple is not that little Macintosh company from yesteryear. And so much the better.    Apple enjoys iconic levels of popularity today, and with that comes a natural level of power and influence which *will* extend beyond tech and into sociopolitical culture.    All things considered, this is all part of a healthy and secure Apple.
Sorkin needs to realize the CONTEXT in which Tim made his comments. Jobs is essentially family to Cook, and still is. They had a close, working relationship for many years, and what can be easily assumed as a friendship for nearly all that time. Not to mention that he witnessed the slow physical deterioration of his good friend and colleague, while at the same time witnessing his tenacity and dedication to his vision. What has Cook had to come to terms with since Jobs'...
As I mentioned in my post directly above: good point.
Ah, then I guess I stand corrected. This is certainly a possibility.It makes a little more sense now.