or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

Tim is more than just Apple's CEO. Nice to see him TAKING A STAND on social issues, and issues which in this case are very much at the forefront of public and legal discourse in the United States. I'm Canadian, and we've long since resolved these issues, so Tim might not have reason to speak out up here. But down south, social justice tends to move forward at a much slower rate, which calls for greater awareness.
DOA, just like the rest of their mobile platform. I can't even LMAO anymore because this non-strategy is approaching HP WebOS/Blackberry levels of inexplicability. New CEO just like old CEO. 2014 MS mobile penetration just like 2010 MS mobile penetration. *waits for wholesale cancellation of entire Windows Phone platform* That ^^^ is in the mail. No markethshare, no profit, no consumer interest.
Spielberg's Duel. Got it right away. I'm in my late 30s, but I can't stomach anything coming out of Hollywood since the early 2000s. So classics like this and foreign films have filled the void quite nicely.Time for another Onibaba viewing very soon.At any rate, they don't make em like that (Duel) anymore.
I just can't feel sorry for these people anymore.
Well of course. Apple software is designed specifically for Apple hardware.   Optimization already comes with the meal.
But owning apps and having those apps actually installed, are two different things. I own hundreds of apps, but they are not all installed at the same time. I'm apparently a great customer (by this standard, anyway), but how I manage my files is completely up to me. Including how my phone performs in light of my personal use case. I can't really blame a smartphone for kinda cocking up when it has to manage 700 apps. If it sounds excessive (and as far general use cases go,...
 Whole different ballgame with such niche-use cases.  Granted, repeating boot-loops are an extreme consequence, but to expect no consequences for using a system in ways that are way outside normal use cases is rather silly. 
 How are you equating number of Apps for sale to App ownership? How do you figure that number of Apps owned will rise in direct proportion to number of Apps for sale?     
Don't blame the user? What? Sometimes folks use systems and frameworks and doohickeys in ways in which they weren't designed to be used, or in ways which are so obscure, rare, and isolated from the norm, that the design of that system, framework, or doohickey, will inevitably fail the user. Murphy's Second Corollary It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. The OS X file system, for instance, can handle a situation in which nearly all...
That is one BIG phone. Anyway, niche-use cases, like the one under ah.... "discussion", don't count for anything.