or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

My car already has all the windows it needs.    And they aren't poorly-designed or maddeningly frustrating. 
  Yes, but very rarely. For me, at least, it's not to any degree that cuts into the experience.  I guess I simply rely on it a lot these days and it's really come through. 
Wanna know what's "magic"?   iMessage and FaceTime.    I've been using both of these now on a regular basis (that is, VERY regularly), and they've practically melted into the background to the degree that I just take both of them for granted now. I could be on iMessage on my Mac, and my iPhone simply knows I'm reading iMessages on my Mac. The level of syncing here works beautifully. Across all devices. So well that it's all pretty much invisible.    THAT is magic:...
... thus rendering the Surface even more pointless.
I doubt Apple are worried. Amazon's track record in the consumer space - with mobile devices in particular, is spotty at best. They're good as purveyors of content and other merchandise, but they aren't a mover and shaker on the level of Apple and I dare say Samsung. Once Apple introduces a serious contender in this space (TV plans, etc), Amazon and the others will be relegated to the level of an afterthought. This all depends on whether Apple treats this space as an...
Zzzzz . . .    MS finally moved its ass to tack on a Siri clone.
Juries will keep deciding against Samsung - pointing out the painfully obvious. And Samsung will keep gaming the system in order to stall, reduce fines, appeal, and so on. I fully support Apple's continued efforts, though. There's absolutely no reason to let up on this.
 That's fine. If it works for you, then stick with it.  Just don't be surprised if MS does an entire reset of the platform sooner or later due to a complete lack of any meaningful traction. I'd understand if they were after margins, like Apple strategizes with certain product categories, but MS seems to be afloat with no real direction on this.  Get invested into a stagnant platform at your own risk. Hopefully it doesn't end up getting zuned.
Because iOS users are Microsoft's best chance of making any money from their Office-on-iOS venture.    This has been mentioned before in a variety of other developer-related contexts over the years. It's fact. 
Superior user experience ... also with a keyboard accessory. It doesn't doesn't speak to the iPad's limitations. It speaks to how consumers who *already love* iPads *also* like to use them.This is why one product with third party keyboard accessories sells in record numbers, while another product in the same segment that actually *comes* with a keyboard is stuck on shelves collecting dust.The synergy between hardware and software and ecosystem embodied in the iPad is...