or Connect

Posts by Quadra 610

I agree, it's a little strange.    I wonder if anyone can give any explanation about this particular query, why it's done the way it is, etc.
    Good.   So as Japm said, it was this page here that was the culprit:   http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html
    Fair enough, but the average user (and I'd say I'm a bit above the average) wouldn't immediately know this.    Having this sort of issue would send people into a bit of a panic. For a little while there, my iPad 2 was essentially a brick.
Possible fix (worked for me):   Go To: Settings>Wi-Fi>("Your Network")> [the blue circle arrow icon] Scroll to bottom of screen and set HTTP Proxy to Auto     EDIT:   LOL, ok . . . now it works *without* that. I just turned that setting back to OFF, and it works.
    POSSIBLE FIX (WORKED FOR ME):     AgentOrange macrumors newbie   Join Date: Dec 2004   This fixed it for me Go To: Settings>Wi-Fi>("Your Network")> [the blue circle arrow icon] Scroll to bottom of screen and set HTTP Proxy to Auto .. hope that helps
  I'll agree that the turn-by-turn functionality is a big deal. I dunno . . . maybe I'll warm up to it.    I did use Street View, though, and on a number of occasions it served me well. I suppose it's a personal preference.   *shrugs*
  It's a pretty brutal bug. This is basic stuff.   it isn't even that the connection is flaky, but that it's dropped *immediately*.
WiFi CONNECTION ISSUE   Detailed here:   http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1446596   I'm not able to connect to my WiFi network, either with iPad 2 or iPhone 4, both running iOS 6.   It connects but then drops it, and then loads up an Apple.com login page.    My Mac running Mountain Lion, however, connects just fine. 
  Transit directions are missing. I don't use them much, but they're a big deal.  And frankly, I miss Street View already. 3D flyover is great but in my opinion not good enough to replace Street View. And 3D functionality is limited to certain areas. There's also less information on maps, sometimes noticeably.    Everything does load quickly, though and the map renderings look good. They're very attractive. I actually find the turn-by-turn signs useful for walking...
    I'm not seeing an actual Google Maps app in the App Store.   By the way, I'm *really* not liking the App Store redesign.