or Connect

Posts by yensid98

Um, Apple doesn't sell MobileMe personal info for profit, never has. It's one of the reasons we pay for the service.If it annoys you enough, yes. It's one of the main reasons I don't watch TV anymore. There are many ways to get content these days that doesn't involve watching ads, you just have to pay money to do it. Seems fair to me.
Well you might not have given those companies money but you are giving them access to your personal information and online activity which they sell for profit. Many are comfortable with that set up, but I'm not. If MobileMe goes free what happens to all the sites Apple hosts through iWeb publication? Something tells me it will no longer be a feature of MobileMe and people will have to pay someone else to host their sites. Personally, my online life is very much tied to...
I agree 100%. I'm very comfortable paying a nominal $5 a month to have ad-free email (with aliases), synching, hosting, Web Gallery photo sharing and iDisk storage. Seems exceptionally reasonable to me. Hopefully with a free MobileMe service, none of these features are lost but can we still expect the same level of service (or better) with no accountability on Apple's part? I'm hopeful but nervous. Also Apple has made it known that the @mac.com address will be making way...
Android DOES NOT equal iPhone. Anyone doing so is comparing an operating system to a smart phone which is NOT a valid comparison. Ex: GPS units have a larger market share than BMW. Makes sense? I don't think so.
Well I've been an iPad owner from day one and have never noticed a "significant problem" in it's design or technology. Something tells me it's only a problem for those that want it to be something else. I do photo editing, music creation, Numbers spreadsheets, Pages documents, finance tracking, game playing, video streaming, movie watching, iBook/comic reading, internet browsing, email, calendaring, app shopping, map viewing and more on this iPad with no "significant...
Or the people you spoke to weren't well informed.
Well if it's that "frustrating" then don't upgrade. No one is forcing you to do it. As cool as the iPad 2 is, I'm sticking with my original iPad for another year. I don't think the faster processor will make that much difference in my daily use, I'll never use the cameras and I'll get most of the rest of the functionality with iOS 4.3 (orientation lock, iMovie, GarageBand, etc.). You could also buy the iPad 2 and NOT get a dock. Something tells me the original Dock...
Thanks for the update. Since the drop down for overall appearance is still there I agree it sounds as if they just haven't gotten around to adding the 'grayscale' option. Seems like an odd option to have though when the basic look of the OS is basically grayscale to begin with. Maybe grayscale will be default and we'll have to choose 'color.'
To my mind, separating out the components seems less possible than putting the entire suite of services on the Mac App Store. Hopefully we'll know more on Wednesday.
All I ask is for is an option in System Preferences. Even if it's only an option between 'color' and 'gray scale.'