or Connect

Posts by yensid98

Well I've been an iPad owner from day one and have never noticed a "significant problem" in it's design or technology. Something tells me it's only a problem for those that want it to be something else. I do photo editing, music creation, Numbers spreadsheets, Pages documents, finance tracking, game playing, video streaming, movie watching, iBook/comic reading, internet browsing, email, calendaring, app shopping, map viewing and more on this iPad with no "significant...
Or the people you spoke to weren't well informed.
Well if it's that "frustrating" then don't upgrade. No one is forcing you to do it. As cool as the iPad 2 is, I'm sticking with my original iPad for another year. I don't think the faster processor will make that much difference in my daily use, I'll never use the cameras and I'll get most of the rest of the functionality with iOS 4.3 (orientation lock, iMovie, GarageBand, etc.). You could also buy the iPad 2 and NOT get a dock. Something tells me the original Dock...
Thanks for the update. Since the drop down for overall appearance is still there I agree it sounds as if they just haven't gotten around to adding the 'grayscale' option. Seems like an odd option to have though when the basic look of the OS is basically grayscale to begin with. Maybe grayscale will be default and we'll have to choose 'color.'
To my mind, separating out the components seems less possible than putting the entire suite of services on the Mac App Store. Hopefully we'll know more on Wednesday.
All I ask is for is an option in System Preferences. Even if it's only an option between 'color' and 'gray scale.'
Maybe MobileMe is just moving to a totally digital distribution method. We may see MobileMe appear on the Mac App Store. Non Mac users would have to subscribe through their iOS device or on Apple's website. I mean there was never anything very useful in the MobileMe box anyway.
My biggest (and only, so far) complaint with the new interface changes is the loss of color in the sidebar from apps like Mail and Finder. Seems like in this way, iTunes was indeed a hint of things to come. The gray sidebar in iTunes causes me daily confusion. I really don't look forward to a similar effect with the rest of the OS.
I just don't see a "huge difference in time and efficiency" between clicking an icon in a try or an icon in the Dock. it seems to be more a preference of yours. Good thing Outlook is available for the Mac eh? And why are you bringing up full screen instead of considering the setup I recommended for OS X? Mail, Address Book and iCal can all be open and on the screen at the same time with no overlap so there is no need to Command+Tab, click or anything between them. ...
LOVE the auto correct features for Lion! Address Book actually looks like a book in Lion. Cool! Odd to have the window controls on the left-hand page though. And speaking of window controls, isn't it interesting that they are all horizontal instead of vertical like in the most recent iTunes version? I wonder if this means iTunes will be going back to the horizontal layout or if it will be the only app from Apple with a vertical configuration. I hope Apple makes the...