or Connect

Posts by yensid98

That is why I have never used one of those "free" email services.  I've always paid for Apple to host my email. Now that iCloud is free I do still use it (no ads, no selling of personal information) but I'm worried that Apple may begin acting like the other "free" services in time.  If that ever happens, I'll switch to a paid service.  My email is not something I want big corporations looking trough to toss adds my way.
I always laugh a bit when people try to make a trend out of two or three points of data.  That said I'm surprised to see the numbers for dedicated device gaming fall so sharply in one quarter.  Wonder what could be the reason for that drop off.  There are certainly plenty of new games out to enjoy on dedicated devices.   Personally, I probably play an equal amount on iOS and dedicated mobile game devices.  That's sure to change in favor of dedicated devices next...
Recently I've been exploring Spotify and I like the ability to listen to a full album/song before purchasing it, but I do want to purchase it.  I can't see myself paying a monthly fee to stream music.  I guess it could happen, but I'd much rather pay once for a song/album and have it "forever."  So coming from my perspective, an ad supported music streaming service from Apple would be great.  I'd stream very infrequently but it will prove very helpful in making...
  iTunes will automatically start playing files that are imported by dragging them to the icon in the Dock.  I think it's always been this way.   If you don't want the files to automatically play, use the  file>Add to Library option and the files will be added but won't instantly play.
  For quite a long time iTunes has allowed users to join tracks.  I've done this a number of times myself.  The caveat being, you can only do it when ripping a songs from a CD.  Also, in iTunes 11, the option is a bit more hidden than in previous versions.  You can follow the instructions at the below link to learn how to do it.   http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/joining-cd-tracks-in-itunes-11/
Well obviously the app shouldn't be spamming everyone in your contact list.  In my post above I suggested an alternate way for them to invite friends to the app. Time will tell if they implement something along those lines in a future update.   Speaking from personal experience, Path didn't spam all my contacts when I signed up 1.5 years ago and none of my 18 friends on Path have complained of a spam issue when they registered.  Likewise, I haven't received a spam message...
Seriously.   Path is a social app for only people you know.  Your posts can only be seen by your friends.  There is no web interface or such for a stranger to see your posts.  Might help to know a bit about the app before you try and mock it.   What Path should do is when you click to invite a friend, it should ask to have access to your Contacts, then present you with a list for you to select which of your contacts you'd like to invite.  Seems simple enough.  Personally,...
I've been on Path for over a year (14 months) and have never experienced this spam issue.  It may only be affecting new Andriod users. It needs to be looked into and Path should be held accountable if there's something nefarious going on.   I've certainly heard before that new users have inadvertently invited everyone in their contacts but that has always been chalked up to people quickly clicking through screens without reading.  Maybe this is a similar...
Funny, with all of these outages I haven't had a single issue.  Email, IM, Contacts, etc. have all been working without incident.   I had the same experience with MobileMe and all it's complaints.  I guess I live a "It Just Works" zone.  Or maybe it just does work and a few isolated outages becomes worldwide epidemic when reported on the internet. Oy!
Think of Path as a more private social network, if that makes any sense.  You can't access or search it on the web so everything you post is only seen by your friends. You're limited to 150 friends because you're supposed to use it with only people you actually know. Also there are zero ads on Path.  There's talk of Path offering a paid service later this year that would offer more features than the free one.  That's how it stands out from other social networks.   As for...