or Connect

Posts by yensid98

OFT. This is what the investigation is about. Apple blocking any apps not developed with their tools. That does hinder competition - competition in ways to develop apps. has Apple overstepped their bounds? I'm not sure, but that's why there is an investigation going on.
This is the best analogy I've seen in quite a while between Macs and Window's machines. Way to go!
If you thought iSight was overpriced back then, you'd better not look at what it goes for on eBay now. Funny how Apple's "failed" products wind up fetching more on the secondary market than many new similar products.
QFT This reviewer needs to get a grip. Next we'll be complaining that our keyboards don't make waffles. It's a trackpad! Review it as such. Nothing more, nothing less.
I have not used Office on any of my Macs in over five years. iWork has been all I need. Maybe I'm a unique case, but I'm glad to keep the bloated and ugly MS Office off my Mac. I don't see a single feature in this new release that gets me interested in switching to it. P.S. I've never understood the fascination with auto save. I hate the feature. Many times I don't want my changes saved right away because I'm planning on doing a Save As. Whenever I work on a large...
This is something I hadn't thought of and you're right. One reason for Apple not approving subscriptions (if that's true) could be working out the right model that works for them, the publisher and the readers. I like your idea about letting the publisher continue to manage subscriptions. Not sure if Apple would like that though.
People really expect to get premium content delivered to them 12 times a year for only $10? The magazines I subscribe to are $20 a year each. Sure there aren't printing and delivering costs involved in a digital version but there are new costs in developing the video, 3D images and interactive content. I think $15-$20 is the sweet spot for a subscription. Wired Magazine offers a great reading experience for $4 an issue. That doesn't seem outrageous to me. I'm...
Finally there is parity of input across the Mac line of computers! I've been waiting for trackpad access on the iMac for years now. I thought the Magic Mouse would be that solution, but that hasn't panned out. Now I'll have a trackpad for my iMac with all the same functionality as a Mac Notebook. Getting this on my lunch break today.
But Google doesn't give it away for free. They put targeted ads in your email and sell your habits/information for profit. Do we need another company to do the same thing? Isn't it good that we have an option to pay for these services from another company and therefore not have to deal with ads and the sale of our personal information?
I don't want to de-rail this thread, but I just had to respond to oneaburns.To be fair, you're complaining about something that iPhoto was expressly designed NOT to do. iPhoto is a database for your photos. You organize and edit them from within the database, not outside of it. If you want folder management with your photos, you shouldn't be using iPhoto. A combination of the Pictures folder in the Finder and the Cover Flow view will give you the functionality you are...