or Connect

Posts by yensid98

Apple has a Keynote Podcast and a web based video player is not compatible with Podcasts. You need to be able to download it.
There are many reasons to be excited about iPhone 4 but FaceTime is NOT one of them. I doubt I'll ever use it. Besides we have had access to video chat at home for a decade and it still hasn't taken off. Why will iPhone 4 make a difference? I think it's a fine feature to create buzz but it's not something people seem to really want - just to brag that it can do.
I welcome the tiered data plans with grateful open arms. I've been wanting this for a long time. I'm almost always on a wi-fi network so my 3G data usage is shockingly low. It irked me to no end that I was required to pay so much for a service that I didn't even use. Now at least the fees are more manageable. $15 a month for 200MB is more than sufficient for my uses and I doubt I'll ever come close to reaching the limit. I also think these new plans will curtail...
Well it's Wednesday and no MacBook Air announcement happened yesterday. Anyone surprised? I hate rumors.
Yes, not everyone uses computers the same way and need the same functionality. I would argue the vast majority of people will get by just fine with iPad and rarely ever run into something they can't do. This will be especially true once the product matures a bit. But still even today, I'm using my iPad almost exclusively. My iMac sits barely ever turned on for a month. That seems like a replacement to me.
Since buying my iPad, use of my iPhone and iMac has dropped off dramatically and I now use iPad 90% of the time. The iPhone is just a phone to me now and I haven't used an app or the data network since getting the iPad. My iMac gets turned on to sync my iDevices and occasionally surf the web but that's it. If it was possible to use iPad as my main/only computer, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
You need to stop watching cable and especially network news and begin to watch more news programs on PBS.
No search? How long has it been since you've used iTunes? I use search practically every day.
Wow! Someone hit a nerve. Do you work in TV or something? Truth is that although there is a substantial amount of educational and beneficial programming available it's not what most people watch. Ever check the Neilson top rated shows? In overwhelming numbers people choose the dumb stuff. When was the last time Washington Week in Review was the top rated news program? Oh yea, never. The OPs opinion is completely justified. I actually find it comical you find it...
I'm not sure we can glean much from this very limited sample, but it is interesting to hear what kind of iPad people in this area were planning on getting. Personally, I got the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad and it's most definitely replaced my MacBook Air. I have an iMac as my main computer and even that I'm using a lot less now that I have iPad. If I want to go on the internet, I use iPad. If I want to read/compose email, 90% of the time I use iPad. View pictures? iPad. ...