or Connect

Posts by yensid98

I'm not sure we can glean much from this very limited sample, but it is interesting to hear what kind of iPad people in this area were planning on getting. Personally, I got the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad and it's most definitely replaced my MacBook Air. I have an iMac as my main computer and even that I'm using a lot less now that I have iPad. If I want to go on the internet, I use iPad. If I want to read/compose email, 90% of the time I use iPad. View pictures? iPad. ...
OK, ABC offers the 5-6 most recent episodes for free streaming on any computer as well as the iPad app. Hulu's plans are to continue offering the 5 most recent shows for free streaming on any computer and iPad. I don't see the conflict. ABC isn't offering anything Hulu isn't. Unless Hulu is planning on charing iPad users for all shows and not just shows older than the 5th or 6th. Can you imagine if Hulu's plan was to do just that though? Why only charge iPad users? ...
I create all my ringtones in GarageBand. Create a new project. Select Ringtone. Import song from iTunes and select the section you want to be the ringtone. Export to iTunes.
iTunes and the iTunes Store are two completely different things. The update is for iTunes.You'll see the new 'Books' category in the source list (the left-hand column where your playlists are listed). If you don't see the 'Books' category you have it turned off. Turn it on by going to Preferences and clicking the box next to 'Books.'The iTunes Store will not show an iBooks category because iBooks can only be read on an iPad. iBooks are only available through the...
I must be a lucky one, because iTunes rarely ever beachballs for me and I can't remember the last time it crashed. That's with an entire library over 200GB. Sure there are refinements I'd love to see (Get music video's out of my music library!!!) but iTunes is far from a problem piece of software on my iMac.
Funny. I've experienced all these issues too. I'm not prepared to ditch Snow Leopard because of them though. I think that's mainly because they can easily remedied (eg; removing iCal from the Dock then replacing it makes it display the correct date). The annoying thing is they'll creep back again and again. Very annoying. Hope it's fixed with this update.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm surprised the article didn't mention it. To find an iPad out in the wild would be a big deal.
Flash is not a requirement of the internet. It's proprietary. Apple is fully within their rights to make devices that do not use it. Developers are fully within their rights to use other means to get their content on the web. If Apple didn't have the power to sway people, I'm sure they'd use Flash. But customers are mostly unfazed by Flash's omission and companies are beginning to code in other languages to accommodate Apple devices. I don't see a problem here. ...
Take a close look at the table. Doesn't that black slab look suspiciously like an iPad?
QFT When Apple is supposedly putting pressure on Nintendo in the portable gaming category, Nitnendo sold the most DS units in a quarter ever. At this point Nitnedo has noting at all to fear from Apple. The 3DS announcement is not business as usual for Nintendo but the timing is right for a DS successor. Plus there have been rumors and buzzing about a new DS for months now. Though I'm extremely excited to see what Nitnendo will come up with in the 3DS, I'm stymied by...