or Connect

Posts by yensid98

I think you missed the point. We were talking about a new device. An upgrade to the current AppleTV that merged it with a Time Capsule. Router, back up drive and AppleTV all in one. Of course with a device like this you'd need a much larger HD. 2TB would be nice. 1TB set aside for Time Capsule and 1TB for your AppleTV media. Maybe I'm alone, but I'd jump on this in a second. Your idea of making it a media server is interesting. I don't know a lot about how servers...
I'm not sure why AppleTV users should be allowed to rent movies for half price, but I think your idea about integrating the AppleTV with the Time Capsule is brilliant. Now that's something to get excited about!
I continue to fail to see how AppleTV is such a disappointment to people. I've had it since day one and use it just about every day. I think many people who complain about the AppleTV don't have one. Check out this list of features: - access to all my music, music video, podcast, TV show and movie libraries through iTunes - access to all the pictures in iPhoto - browsing movie trailers - ability to search, browse and buy music and TV shows from the iTunes Store -...
All right this has gone too far. Apple hasn't even announced this product yet we have reports talking about a release date of early 2010, what OS it will be running, a price point of $600, and even how much it's going to sell in it's first year. The product has not been announced. We think ourselves an advanced civilization but here we are paying attention to these soothsayers predicting 2011 results for a product that does not officially exist. People are WAY...
I don' think anyone here is saying the Apple Store idea is a bad one. We're complaining that Microsoft is planning on making a near exact copy of that idea.Have you been reading the replies? A lot of people asking just how Microsoft Stores will help customers. Microsoft doesn't make the hardware so it's unlikely they will have robust hardware support. Software wise, they can only help with OS and Office issues. Apple Stores on the other hand can with just about...
I'll believe it when Apple announces it. Why the need to jump the gun and report this stuff? Just wait until it's officially announced. This story is a big yawn. The one thing I can't wrap my head around is who the audience is for a device like this. The internet has been clambering for it for at least a year now, but I haven't heard anyone justify it other than to say Apple needs something to compete with netbooks. A supposedly $800 device with no keyboard does...
You bring up something that I haven't thought of - a family sharing the same iTunes library. I guess I just figured that a family would have a desktop as a main family computer since it's not much use to anyone else if it's out of the house. After all what if someone want's to work on a paper, update Quicken or work on some photos but Daddy took the computer to work? Seems to me that the laptop is more the problem than the AppleTV. I'm just not sure a majority of homes...
Every time AppleTV is mentioned people always say they want a bigger HD. I just don't understand this. I have the original 40GB Apple TV, yet my iTunes library is nearing 200GB (including music, audiobooks, podcasts, tv shows, movies and videos) and I've never had any trouble enjoying my content through streaming. I think paying the extra money for a larger AppleTV HD is a waste of money and I never advise people to splurge for the space. It may be a niche product,...
I've used my iMac to make movies in iMovie, used iMovie to export them in different formats, used iDVD to make a few movies and even used handbrake a few times. Yes, I wait for encoding times and all but I've mostly felt the wait times were reasonable. Handbrake seems to takes the most time. Still I just go watch a TV show or something while it works. Honestly, I'm not going to be that impressed with loosing a few minutes waiting for the encode until it's down to 15...
Will the average user have noticed the difference if these updates included the high end specs so many of the commenters here demand? Isn't it true that most people use with Macs for email, internet, photos, movie making and word processing? Has there been a mass outcry from current iMac users that their computers are underpowered and preforming badly? I haven't heard those complaints. Apple gave us a nice bump up. Nothing hugely dramatic, but it's something. My...