or Connect

Posts by yensid98

Well obviously the app shouldn't be spamming everyone in your contact list.  In my post above I suggested an alternate way for them to invite friends to the app. Time will tell if they implement something along those lines in a future update.   Speaking from personal experience, Path didn't spam all my contacts when I signed up 1.5 years ago and none of my 18 friends on Path have complained of a spam issue when they registered.  Likewise, I haven't received a spam message...
Seriously.   Path is a social app for only people you know.  Your posts can only be seen by your friends.  There is no web interface or such for a stranger to see your posts.  Might help to know a bit about the app before you try and mock it.   What Path should do is when you click to invite a friend, it should ask to have access to your Contacts, then present you with a list for you to select which of your contacts you'd like to invite.  Seems simple enough.  Personally,...
I've been on Path for over a year (14 months) and have never experienced this spam issue.  It may only be affecting new Andriod users. It needs to be looked into and Path should be held accountable if there's something nefarious going on.   I've certainly heard before that new users have inadvertently invited everyone in their contacts but that has always been chalked up to people quickly clicking through screens without reading.  Maybe this is a similar...
Funny, with all of these outages I haven't had a single issue.  Email, IM, Contacts, etc. have all been working without incident.   I had the same experience with MobileMe and all it's complaints.  I guess I live a "It Just Works" zone.  Or maybe it just does work and a few isolated outages becomes worldwide epidemic when reported on the internet. Oy!
Think of Path as a more private social network, if that makes any sense.  You can't access or search it on the web so everything you post is only seen by your friends. You're limited to 150 friends because you're supposed to use it with only people you actually know. Also there are zero ads on Path.  There's talk of Path offering a paid service later this year that would offer more features than the free one.  That's how it stands out from other social networks.   As for...
As soon as my contract is up with AT&T (October 2013), I'm heading on over to T-Mobile.  The only reason I switched from them in the first place was because they didn't support the iPhone.  Now that they do and their plans give users more for less, there's really no reason for me to stick with AT&T.   I only wish I didn't have to wait until October to switch.  But maybe I'll be lucky and Apple will have released the next iPhone by then.  Here's hoping!
Why anyone would rely on Gmail as their primary email provider I'll never understand.  There are so many better options out there.  Especially if you're using email for business.
Cool that HBO is even considering this but I'm still confused why so many people are interested in channels instead of programs.   Personally, I'd never ever subscribe to a channel.  What I want is the individual shows.  I could care less where they "air."  All HBO really needs to do is put their shows on iTunes (and other sell-through sites) in a more timely fashion.   I cut my cable cord about seven years ago and haven't looked back.  Channels are long since...
  I guess people use it because they like it.  Besides didn't very social network committed the same "mistakes" and they've all since repaired them?       True.  Users of ANY free social network are products being sold and not customers being catered to.  But Path isn't new and it has limits on it's scope.     Path is a free social network like Twitter, G+ and Facebook but built for mobile devices. No web interface.  It's designed for people you know in your actual real...
Now that's funny!