or Connect

Posts by yensid98

Think of Path as a more private social network, if that makes any sense.  You can't access or search it on the web so everything you post is only seen by your friends. You're limited to 150 friends because you're supposed to use it with only people you actually know. Also there are zero ads on Path.  There's talk of Path offering a paid service later this year that would offer more features than the free one.  That's how it stands out from other social networks.   As for...
As soon as my contract is up with AT&T (October 2013), I'm heading on over to T-Mobile.  The only reason I switched from them in the first place was because they didn't support the iPhone.  Now that they do and their plans give users more for less, there's really no reason for me to stick with AT&T.   I only wish I didn't have to wait until October to switch.  But maybe I'll be lucky and Apple will have released the next iPhone by then.  Here's hoping!
Why anyone would rely on Gmail as their primary email provider I'll never understand.  There are so many better options out there.  Especially if you're using email for business.
Cool that HBO is even considering this but I'm still confused why so many people are interested in channels instead of programs.   Personally, I'd never ever subscribe to a channel.  What I want is the individual shows.  I could care less where they "air."  All HBO really needs to do is put their shows on iTunes (and other sell-through sites) in a more timely fashion.   I cut my cable cord about seven years ago and haven't looked back.  Channels are long since...
  I guess people use it because they like it.  Besides didn't very social network committed the same "mistakes" and they've all since repaired them?       True.  Users of ANY free social network are products being sold and not customers being catered to.  But Path isn't new and it has limits on it's scope.     Path is a free social network like Twitter, G+ and Facebook but built for mobile devices. No web interface.  It's designed for people you know in your actual real...
Now that's funny!   
Call me crazy but I really don't want Apple to make iWork a direct competitor to Office as it seems so many others do.  I like its simplicity and ease of use.  All the professional whiz bang features that some are clamoring for would go unused by me and I suspect most of the general population.   If Apple really wants to compete with Office, a new professional grade suite should be created.  They could call it iWork Pro.  This way those who wanted a more basic (and...
  Something tells me you may have been paying attention to this current generation of game systems.  Wii has downloadable WiiWare games that cost anywhere form $5 to $10.  This program was designed to do just what you mentioned - bring innovation with minimal financial risk.  To date, there are over 400 WiiWare titles to choose from.   PS3 has a similar program which has spawned a number of highly respected games.  Titles like, Stacking, Journey, Flower, Flow and The Cave...
Remember all the ruckus and gnashing of teeth when everyone and their grandmother was insisting that Apple needed to release a netbook in order to stay relevant?  Apple never caved to the pressure and instead wound up more profitable and selling more devices than ever.   There's no telling if the same will happen with these new demands on Apple, but at there is a track record to look at.  Apple goes their own way.  They usually wind up on top and earning billions....
  I actually had a friend ask me to take him out of my contacts just in case it gets shared with a third party.  We talked and agreed that I'd just give him a really odd nickname that meant nothing and changed his pic to something generic.  He was ok with that and I was glad to not have to refer to a written contact book to call, email, mail him.  Not sure if it solved anything, but that's how it panned out.   The only way to secure your personal information from third...