or Connect

Posts by yensid98

Well I'm not a jailbreaker and iTunes Match has been a pretty low calibur service IMHO.  Here are my issues:   - Play counts are not counted correctly (if at all) - Smart Playlists don't update - A third of my music in the iTunes Store but not purchased there was not matched - Songs that were purchased in the iTunes Store didn't get upgrades - 15 songs got hung up Matching and have never completed the process after two weeks (and multiple tries) - No sync management via...
I REALLY hope so.  The Apple TV box works with any HDTV on the market so it has a very wide audience.  Covering both bases seems the best bet to my mind.  I only question what an Apple branded HDTV could bring to the table that the current Apple TV can't.  Why would the full fledged HDTV be more appealing than a $100 Apple TV?
You'll get no argument from me that having to wait a day after broadcast to view/purchase a TV show via Apple TV isn't the best situation, but that's something that could easily be added to the current Apple TV box.   I guess what I'm getting at is what is the hardware reason for an Apple branded HDTV?  Because the software side is covered by the Apple TV box.  An actual HDTV from Apple needs to bring more than just a software upgrade to the current Apple TV.  No?   I've...
I'm not trying to be contrary, but couldn't all that be done with the current $100 Apple TV device?  Why do we need a special $1,000+ HDTV to do any of that?
I still don't get what people think this fictional set is going to be.   I love and use the Apple TV regularly.  In fact, I've had one ever since it was first introduced in 2007.  It's an excellent device.  Small, cheap, feature rich and has a simple, elegant OS.   Are people thinking an Apple branded television set is going to be a regular TV with all this functionality built in?  What more could Apple do?  And what would it be to entice users to replace their...
From what I can tell iTunes 11 does this when the Album Artist differs from the Artist.  Even if only one track on the album has a different Artist name, the Artist will be displayed for each track.   Makes sense really.  Why list The Beach Boys under each track on Pet Sounds?  Listing the artist is very helpful though with a compilation album such as a movie soundtrack.
I've read all posts in this thread and so far haven't seen anyone mention the new Gallery (accessed from the Artist view) in iTunes 11.  True, not every artist has one, but acts like The Beatles, Goldrapp, David Bowie and Sinead O'Connor have a selection of photos that you can browse while you listen to music.  Sure, it's not revolutionary, but it's pretty cool.  Who knows how this could be utilized in the future.   Overall, to me iTunes 11 is a great release.  There...
Seems pretty cool, but I doubt readers will get the same guided reading experience like they do on the official DC app.  After reading comics in the digital "guided" view, I don't think I could ever again deal with zooming around the page myself.   Has anyone bought a DC comic from the iBookstore yet?  I'd be real interested to know if the guided view was part of the experience.
DO NOT CHANGE: - Notes - Game Center - Passbook - Reminders - Compass - Voice Memos - iBooks   All these work fantastically by giving the app a distinct look and providing great visual feedback by replicating/mimicking real world items.   PLEASE CHANGE: - Calendar - Contacts - Find My Friends - Podcasts   These apps suffer from too much design that detracts from the user experience.  Contacts as a book is much more difficult to navigate....
What a bummer!  I found quite a bit of new music through Ping.  It was also an easy place to keep up to date with my friends Playlists.   So it has a low user base, all that means is that Apple needed to improve it.  Open it up to everything in the iTunes Store, link it to iCloud and display users latest played songs, offer stats that you could post and share, etc.  There was a lot of potential.  Bummer that it was never fully taken advantage of.