or Connect

Posts by yensid98

What a bummer!  I found quite a bit of new music through Ping.  It was also an easy place to keep up to date with my friends Playlists.   So it has a low user base, all that means is that Apple needed to improve it.  Open it up to everything in the iTunes Store, link it to iCloud and display users latest played songs, offer stats that you could post and share, etc.  There was a lot of potential.  Bummer that it was never fully taken advantage of.  
Regardless of FaceTime, these new plans are a total joke and do nothing but needlessly charge single users more.   My current AT&T plan: $40 (450 minutes + rollover) + $25 (2GB data) = $65 + taxes and such   With the New AT&T Share Plan: $40 (unlimited minutes and text) + $45 (unlimited data) = $85 + taxes and such   So with the new Share Plan single users gain unlimited talk, text and data, but at a very high rate.  In a typical month I use about 150 phone...
Funny how this same logic isn't applied when calculating the highest grossing movies of all time.  If it were, then Gone With The Wind would still be the highest grossing film of all time.   In the end it's all subjective and can be spun in any number of ways depending on who's doing the reporting.  Still, it's a phenomenal achievement by Apple.
I'm not sure how much more Twitter can be integrated to iTunes.  You can already link the two so purchases you make, reviews you write, things you "like" and ratings you give show up on Twitter.   If the rumors are true, I'll be bummed to see Ping discontinued as it never reached its potential.  If Apple opened up Ping to include all the things sold on the iTunes Store that would be a big help.  Because of Ping I've discovered some great things that I never would...
I'm running Mountain Lion on my 2007 iMac.  It's connected to the internet wirelessly and I haven't had any issues with the connection since the update.   So far, I'm really liking Mountain Lion.  Speedy Safari, dictation works very good, fun new screensaver options, the return of 'Save As', Messages, Notification Center and iWork documents synced with iCloud. Very satisfied. Plus it only cost $20!
Whatever.  Makes no difference to me if Apple invests in Twitter.  Why should I care?   However, as soon as twitter goes public I'll stop using it just as I did with FaceBook.  There are limits to my willingness to be a companies product instead of a customer.
Three cheers for Game Center on the Mac!   I don't even buy games that aren't Game Center enabled.  I like being able to see how I'm doing against friends and I've also found the app is a fantastic way to find new games.  When I see a friend has gotten a new game I usually check it out and more often than not, I wind up purchasing it.   Being able to have Game Center on the Mac and play cross platform is really going to be fantastic.  It will probably make me...
As long as this "feature" doesn't come to OS X I'm cool.  I really don't listen to podcasts on my iOS devices anyway (I use an iPod Classic for most all my portable music listening).   iTunes being the one source for everything is one of the main reasons I love it.  Please Apple, DO NOT break up iTunes into a five or six apps on the Mac.  What a nightmare that would be.
I actually check Ping every day.  Rate songs, make playlists, see what friends have bought (or liked) and follow bands.  Sure it's very basic, but I've definitely discovered some new music from Ping and have generally enjoyed the experience.  I'll be bummed to see it go as there is nothing out there to replace it for sharing and discovering new music.   I was always hoping it would expand to incorporate all the other media in the the iTunes Store.
Well I have 7 active friends (real live people that I converse with regularly) on Ping.   Please, iTunes is lean compared to many other apps.  It's got a small footprint and doesn't hog resources.  I think when most people bring this up they mean they want different apps for music, movies, books, PDF's music videos, TV Shows and apps.  That just seems counter intuitive to me.  I'd much prefer one app to rule them all.