or Connect

Posts by yensid98

Well I have 7 active friends (real live people that I converse with regularly) on Ping.   Please, iTunes is lean compared to many other apps.  It's got a small footprint and doesn't hog resources.  I think when most people bring this up they mean they want different apps for music, movies, books, PDF's music videos, TV Shows and apps.  That just seems counter intuitive to me.  I'd much prefer one app to rule them all.
They are?  I don't want to get too political but I think it's far from obvious that we're better off now than in say the 1950's.  We might make more on average but that's just inflation.  The percentage of our earning we spend on life essentials (gas, home, college, etc) has risen dramatically.
I agree.  The jobs aren't coming back any time soon.  There is no infrastructure to build a base and support it in the long term.   Labor costs are high, but I don't see that as a bad thing.  We want skilled workers who are treated well.  The standards in China aren't near the standards of comfort, safety and fairness expected from an American worker force.  And we shouldn't have to expect less just for the luxury of having a job.
No need to kill off Ping.  The idea is sound.  It's Apple's execution that's the problem.  I use Ping daily and have discovered quite a bit of new music through it from following friends and their purchases/likes.  Obviously I'm in the minority with that but getting Facebook (ugh, I hate them so) integration with Ping would help tremendously in bringing in new users.  Apple should also open it up from only music purchased through the iTunes Store.  Let people post about...
From Reuters: Don't Ignore Tim Cook's Sexuality
I still don't get why someone would want to create a second Apple ID anyway.  I've run into zero issues having the same Apple ID since the iTunes Store opened in 2003.
You can't honestly think sending grandparents 30 individual emails with one photo each is more easy than creating a Phot Journal in Photo and sending them one email with a link instead.   From that one link they can easily (and obviously) view all the photos on one page, view each photo individually, enjoy a slideshow and even download whatever ones they want to keep.  They even have the option of adding a bookmark (or keeping the email (or adding a bookmark) to view the...
The iOS iPhoto Photo Journals are pretty snazzy, and a half-way replacement for MobileMe's Web Galleries.  However, they are missing a few key features (password protection and he ability for the people you share them with to add photos of their own).  Also, I find them a bit too difficult to create on an iPhone.  They work best on the iPad.   Hopefully, Photo Journals are added to iPhoto on the Mac in a not too distant update.
I agree.  MobileMe is a MUCH better service than iCloud.  I'd gladly continue to pay for it. $60 (from third party vendors) for it's services was a pittance.  Now iCloud is free but looses much of the functionality.
That's a nifty idea!   What I really want though is a replacement for the Web Galleries of MobileMe. They are elegant, easy to use and customizable.  I use the Mobile Me galleries monthly for sharing photos with a group of people.  We can all contribute so there is one place we all can go to access all the photos from an event.  I can't find another service that offers anything like it. Hopefully this new iCloud service will not only incorporate the feature but make it...