or Connect

Posts by yensid98

Wow, a balanced, even-handed, non-sensational report. I wonder how quickly it will be ignored by the majority of the press?
Well there's not much alternative besides not upgrading - ever, or switching providers when you do upgrade and paying them an activation fee that most likely is just about the same price as the upgrade fee. Consumers are screwed every which way with the tele-cos.
Why isn't the DOJ investigating this insane business practice? Charing users a start up fee is bad enough (I still don't understand why a provider needs money to start my service) but charging users a fee when they stay with their carrier and upgrade is outrageous.
It seems you really don't understand the Agency pricing model. Dropped.
So you're saying Apple's contract stipulated that whatever price they sold the book at had to be the same for every seller? I haven't seen that supported by any contractual language that has been published. Can you link to a source that has such language? Everything I've seen has pointed out that Apple wanted to match pricing not dictate pricing for other sellers. Again, the quote from Steve Jobs, "... we also asked for a guarantee that if anybody else is selling the...
The Agency model doesn't fix prices. It's a perfectly legal and accepted way of determining a price. The question is the qualifier "... we also asked for a guarantee that if anybody else is selling the books cheaper than we are, then we can sell them at the lower price too."Apple isn't setting a base price. They are asking for ability to match the pricing of other sellers.
Apple isn't interfering with other supplier contracts. This is how it works: - Publisher sells book to Apple for sale on iBooks. - Publisher sets retail price at $16.99 - Apple sells the book for $16.99 - Publisher also sells book to Amazon for sale as an eBook. - Publisher sets retail price at $16.99 - Amazon sells the book for $9.99 - Apple's contract with the publisher allows Apple to also sell the book at $9.99 if they choose to. The question is, is it illegal for...
So everything should be available yet I still have 7 movies from iTunes that are not available for re-download: Batman: Year One Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Lady and the Tramp The Nightmare Before Christmas We Are the World: The Story Behind the Song White Christmas Zombie Prom The Harry Potter movie is real weird since films 1-6 (except 4) are showing up for me. Nightmare Before Christmas is another odd one as it shows up for re-downlond for a friend...
All the suggested names just sound odd to me. Maybe if we knew what else this mythical device would do besides TV it would make sense. But so far no one is being real specific in what they think the functionality of this thing will be. How would this be better than any other internet connected TV currently being produced. Or even the current Apple TV for that matter. Yes, I know that Apple's design sense would give it a much better UI, but that can't be the extent of...
No. J.K. Rowling owns the rights to the digital versions of her books (an unprecedented allowance) and since she has the power to do so she's selling them on her own (partnered with Sony). As long as sales of HP books through her Pottermore Shop (where she essentially keeps 100% of the sales) are steady, the books won't show up on other book stores. There's simply no reason for her to give 30% of her sales to a retailer (Apple, Amazon, whomever) when she most likely has...