or Connect

Posts by hill60

There is only one, Rupert Murdoch's Foxtel partnership with Telstra. He used his newspapers to influence an election which saw the rollout of fibre to the premises cancelled and replaced with inferior fibre to the node, copper to the home. Let's see you stream 4k over that. I'll stick with the US version.
For those complaining at the cost of the iWatch, check this.   Limited edition of seven, one will be kept by Patek Philippe in their museum, the six remaining will be sold for $2,500,000 each, only after you convince the charman of the company that you are worthy of owning one.   Source
 Don't forget, you can also use an analog watch as a compass, by pointing it's hands to the sun, as long as you know whether to compensate for daylight savings.
 I think Rolex, among others would tend to disagree. They have sent watches to the deepest ocean point on earth.
 It's kind of important that a divers watch can be used to know exactly how much time you have left until the air runs out AND that you have sufficient time to reach the surface without getting the bends, during deeper dives. Which is why the outer twisting dial was invented.
I agree that it will be the sub $1000 market that will be most affected, predominately the Swiss brands that use off the shelf Swatch movements.   The type of watches you see in shopping malls.   Apple has been wise in it's price point targeting.   The detachable and interchangeable bands are also innovative and provide another revenue stream.   High end watch boutiques, not so much.   btw President Obama wears an American made Jorg Gray watch, featuring a...
I'm sure Apple will take advantage of the Swiss watch model, drop your watch in for service every few years and pocket a a few hundred in fees. One thing they can definitely improve is the turn around time, getting a Swiss watch serviced can take months.
 I would not wear it in the surf, the minimum recommended is 100m due to higher pressures caused by the action of waves.
Charlie Sheen has a very nice collection of vintage Pateks. This picture he posted on Twitter is a $700,000 watch.  On one of his weekends he is rumoured to have lost one worth $150,000.
 Actually there has been a bit of a resurgence in the used watch market, especially among rarer collectable models. It is still more of a hobby than something to invest in hoping for a good return on investment. I don't see why these Apple watches couldn't be updated and rebuilt in future, we'd have to wait for a tear down to see what's inside.