or Connect

Posts by hill60

The "debt" is a lie used to control us, as long as a country can produce their own currency and the amount in circulation is roughly equivalent to productivity, then things will be ok. Private debt, on the other hand where people's spending power is eaten up by interest and a million fees and charges affects productivity as they tend to buy less.
My Ford used to connect to my iPhone then disconnect every time I'd start the car, then I'd have to manually connect it again.   Found out it was the car battery, which was on it's way out, after replacing it it worked flawlessly.   Just one of those interconnected things which aren't that obvious, I guess. 
28% better, people are complaining that it's worse. Go figure.
Love it, especially when clearing Facebook notifications which pop open the App store for stupid games, hit the "Back to FaceBook" before it loads and I'm done.
I nuked my Google account a few years ago, the world didn't end.   Google was good when they came out of Stanford, I was using and promoting them then, something changed so I got rid of them they became too mercenary with their results.   It is extremely rare that I need to use their search.   I get the odd nag screen begging me to sign in, I ignore them I don't need Google.
I have my secret spots. Don't go to the city much, live on the edge.
From the link you posted:- Michael Noonan, Ireland’s Minister for Finance, told UK’s Telegraph in December that Ireland was closing the so-called “stateless” company loophole. “We have addressed the ‘stateless’ company issue in the budget,” said Noonan. However, Apple will still be able to take advantage of Ireland’s tax loopholes by simply moving its subsidiaries’ tax residences to a location with zero corporate tax. According to the Australian Financial Review, Apple...
Tax havens are like leeches draining the lifeblood of the countries where sales are made and taxes should be paid.   In Australia's case it's Singapore we have the ludicrous situation that a ship leaves Australia carrying iron ore or coal directly to China, somehow a higher price is paid by the Chinese to the Australian company in Singapore who then pay a lower price to it's branch in Australia.   If I buy a Mac or an iPhone, a copy of Windows or lots of other stuff,...
Sydney born and bred, I never get lost here, haven't used public transport much since getting a car and licence, I hear they now have a thing called an Opal card, which is like a drivers licence for poor people.
"Hey Siri" & iOS 9 has added to the fairly dumb bluetooth set up my Ford came with, now I don't have to push the paddle on the steering wheel to activate however there are a few issues with background noise especially when people are talking on the radio.   Using the steering wheel paddle mutes it.   I find I can do anything I need to without taking my eyes off the road, which is all that is important.