or Connect

Posts by hill60

That is NOT part of the accepted definition.
 The first iPhone had native applications, written and installed by Apple. Your contention that "the iPhone wasn't a smartphone before iOS 2" has just been refuted by yourself. Well done.
 It's not "your" definition, it is/was the accepted definition before the anti-apple brigade tried to muddy it by tossing in terms like "true" multitasking, user installed etc.
With Android you can just add an SD card... ...oh, hang on. Nexus you can't.
Formatting uses space, sure it doesn't.
Symbian is DEAD, time to bury it, no one cares, the ex-fans moved on. Visual voicemail is on my carrier, it's an excellent feature, people who switch away from iPhone often whine about it's disappearance. Definition of a smartphone OS = ability to install native applications. Time to update your N8.
Apple should offer all those in the class a free removal tool so they can have the advertised space. Of course doing so would mean it's not very usable until the user formats the drive and changes the size on their own. Then they'd end up with a rather expensive thumb drive.
[[SPOILER]]So should cheap Android phones be forced to come with more than 4GB?
Apple devices come with free cloud storage, obviously also making this a non issue.
$60 a year and I've expanded my space by 200GB, it's comparable to buying that capacity in memory cards and there is no juggling involved. A few Android phones don't have memory card slots including most of the Nexus line (there was one Samsung made one I think). Like computers, buy the biggest capacity you can afford.