or Connect

Posts by hill60

Define what you mean by Android's "average user"?Chances are they are using an older version of Android on a cheap, low powered device where things like hardware encryption are left out to cut costs.
I always use the old, my (out of support) device won't connect to my (not out of support) device approach.   (In the voice of Maxwell Smart.)
 So you choose the fingers in the ears, this is not really happening approach. Meanwhile Apple released this a pdf which gets pretty heavily into the cryptography behind things like iMessage, iCloud and Keychain.
 Not people who ARE different to them but people they THINK ARE different to them.
 Not being able to share Apps must cost a lot.
 ...and if you want to use one of the 500 other program repositories for Android? This is when "users trivially elevate programs", mainly because they want free (pirated) stuff, like their friends. I've lost track of the number of people who equate "openness" with the ability to run torrent software on their phone. Google don't give a shit as long as they can serve their ads.
Does that mean I can shoot Mormon's who come to my door?
Amazon better hope their negotiations don't fall under the delusional Judge Cote's new take on the Sherman Act and mixed up conspiracy theories, but somehow I don't think it's ever going to happen.
Ignore the editorials then.Just another quirk of this rather enjoyable forum, like the strange edits and crashes that occur.
 That link has interesting wording:- no-googles-sundar-pichai-didnt-say-androids-openness-makes-it-less-insecure So he meant more insecure?