or Connect

Posts by bstring

Reading this article, all I kept thinking was, wow this is a real pep rally for the iphone crowd. I love my ipod touch, I love the games, they're great and the UI is very polished. What's overlooked completely here are the most negative aspects of the iphone ecosystem, the parts that prevent many people from entering it. Multitasking is smoothed over in the matrix to contain some yes's everywhere so as to give the illusion that they're all about the same. Nice try. Lack of...
ok, if the pricing was comparable to other carriers, things would be different here. Still, the tight control kinda ruins the user experience, no freedom.Just FYI, this is only true for CDMA carriers with calls placed over 'the cell voice network' when no wifi is present. Fortunately, Android phones can make/receive VOIP calls over 3G without jailbreaking. Also, with Google Voice, inbound calls can be transferred without the other caller even knowing. Freedom...
Bigpics, very well put. I read of lot of news feeds, often without looking at the site or writer, and can always tell when it's AppleInsider right away..... the obvious slant. It's all good though. I like macOS desktop and the iphone OS, but despise the iPhone ecosystem and outlandish ATT pricing caused by exclusivity, not to mention the App Store policies and overall tight grip apple has. If it weren't for Android, this situation would only get worse. We should feel good...
Phanfare Photon (at the App Store) has had video support for quite a while. Much better for backing up and sharing photos/videos too. Brian