or Connect

Posts by bstring

For the sake of healthy discussion, I'll list my favorite android apps. Swype keyboard - type much faster in portrait mode with one thumb than two thumbs in landscape Speech input for any text field on Android 2.1 - great while driving PdaNet - Tethering imusic - mp3 downloads, must be funded by advertising? Google Voice - need I say more? free integrated sms Google Nav with speech input "navigate to 123 main street" Google Latitude - background location services,...
yea, I saw this too. Made me wonder. I have a kids paint app on my droid and drew lines in the same pattern, but they are perfectly straight. Not sure what the implication of this test is.
I made a simple claim that GV functionality cannot be duplicated with other apps. You counter, but never explain. I know of other IM apps like AIM and there are GV calling workarounds, but they really don't stand up. That's like me saying android has a music player just like itunes. Yes, it plays songs and playlists.GV has the potential to save people 25 to 50% on their cell bill, cut it in half! This is real money, not to be overlooked. More with Navigation, more with...
This is a great question. With my iPod touch, I'm regularly looking for new apps and games being that it's my game player and alarm clock, primarily. I've yet to find the killer app not found or duplicated on Android, but there are legitimate reasons why the iphone is the current king. It comes down to marketing, look & feel, simplistic interface, cult of mac and the fact they innovated the app store model. Let's not forget itunes integration either. Today, there is a...
Teno, please go on. Tell me how Google Voice's functions are duplicated by other iphone apps. I'm being sincere. Is there a way to receive sms via the data channel with some type of push notification? Is there a way to dial out without having to take extra steps to use GV or some other calling platform? There's a lot I don't know. Help me out. Having GV integrated into the phone/dialer means you just go about your business. Make/receive calls, send/receive text messages....
Not sure I understand you. Yes, you can try to use GV for inbound calls, but for outbound it is awkward and impractical without the integrated app. It just doesn't work and that's just the way Apple wants it. Secondly, there is no Friends/family calling option on ATT to use in conjunction with GV. This is where the savings comes from allowing you not to use minutes. All outbound calls go through GV (transparent when using the standard dialer/phonebook), which is a F&F...
Addabox, it's simpler than you might think. "Leveraging Google Voice" just means using it and to your own advantage. It's integrated so you don't know it's there. Without a corp discount, my plan is $54; not a huge difference, but still considerable over 2 years. The ability to use GV is left out of the comparison, which skews things. Without it, Verizon and ATT are equally priced, but in fact they are not at all.No managing calls, not any more than you would manage yours...
The Basic 1400 plan, plus $30 data plan for each phone is all you need. No SMS plan, no Select Plan, no Connect Plan, no Premium Plan.Save another 20% with a corp/gov discount through your employer. Using this, I pay $47.50/mo after taxes for each Android phone.What many aren't aware of is that Verizon users, no matter where they are in their contract, can go in with friends or family to create cheaper family plan. As each phone fulfills the 2 year commitment, they can be...
By leveraging Google Voice (GV), no SMS plan is required. Text all you want over the data channel, which we pay $30/mo for. With GV, all outbound calls are Friends & Family calls and therefore unlimited. I say 'essentially' because inbound calls during peak hours not from Friends/family or other Verizon callers would count against 1400 minutes. However, if you start to run out, you can quickly and temporarily change GV to show your GV number on caller ID so that inbound...
Using an Android phone on a Verizon family plan with Google Voice and Friends & Family calling feature, pricing is better than Tmobile and much cheaper than ATT. A 1400 minute Verizon plan provides essentially unlimited everything.