or Connect

Posts by foodmetaphors

Don't think anyone's posted this yet, but Wal-Mart has rolled back the iPad 2 to $299.00 which makes me think they're just clearing it out.  Similarly, Best Buy is offering the same price (well, $299.99) but listed as a sale.. that page also shows the refurb costing $319.99.
Nintendo got there in 6, assuming Sony & MS both release around the holidays this year, it'll have been 7 for Sony and 8.5 for MS
I find typing to be easy, obviously not as fast as a physical keyboard and dictation is always an option and it isn't too horrible, I tried it out a bit yesterday while talking to a friend on FB.  Seemed to make more mistakes / completely miss words more often but the tradeoff is it's much faster, if I were composing something long it'd be worth the time saved to go back and fix any of its mistakes.  Of course for some situations dictation might be .. not the best choice.
With regard to the iPad's storage size, it really wouldn't be a horrible idea to go 32-64-128, at least on the 9.7" size.  It would further differentiate it from the iMini, especially when/if it also gets a RD.. and then there's the fact that there would be more room for storing things.. things bought in the App and iTunes stores.
Mine was supposed to arrive on the 19th, yet here I am using it to type this out. Loving it so far, so much easier to handle than my 3rd gen.
I'm one of those 3 owners who also ordered an iMini and will probably keep both.  My reasons:  it was a chance to upgrade from 16gb to 64, and I feel the size and weight will make it a device I'll have on me constantly unless I'm at work.  The 3 I'll keep around for retina apps and future jailbreaking.
I know I said I'd wait til I could get a hands-on but I couldn't and went ahead and pre-ordered it Saturday night.
Really tempted to pre-order the 64 GB in white but I want a hands-on with it first.  Another thing is I have a 3rd gen 16 GB iPad already and since they decided to out-date that so quickly, its resale price has gone down, making it probably not worth selling which makes it harder to justify another $600 worth of iPad (both came to roughly that price with the leather smart cover and the smart case + tax).
I ordered mine late, so I got an original estimate from Apple saying ships by Mar 19 and arrives the 26th I thought it'd be Fed Ex because I ordered a smart cover along with and that arrived via Fed Ex on the 16th. Then I got the email telling me the iPad had shipped as well, via UPS with an estimated delivery of 10:30 am on the 19th (today!). Knowing I'd be at work then, I tried whatever I could to get them to just hold onto the package since my employer is located...
It was ridiculous when it was updated. I considered buying one, but the idea of going in and sticking in RAM scared me away. I'm sure I COULD do it, I've replaced RAM before, but $600 should get you at least 2 GB.