or Connect

Posts by foodmetaphors

I'm one of those 3 owners who also ordered an iMini and will probably keep both.  My reasons:  it was a chance to upgrade from 16gb to 64, and I feel the size and weight will make it a device I'll have on me constantly unless I'm at work.  The 3 I'll keep around for retina apps and future jailbreaking.
I know I said I'd wait til I could get a hands-on but I couldn't and went ahead and pre-ordered it Saturday night.
Really tempted to pre-order the 64 GB in white but I want a hands-on with it first.  Another thing is I have a 3rd gen 16 GB iPad already and since they decided to out-date that so quickly, its resale price has gone down, making it probably not worth selling which makes it harder to justify another $600 worth of iPad (both came to roughly that price with the leather smart cover and the smart case + tax).
I ordered mine late, so I got an original estimate from Apple saying ships by Mar 19 and arrives the 26th I thought it'd be Fed Ex because I ordered a smart cover along with and that arrived via Fed Ex on the 16th. Then I got the email telling me the iPad had shipped as well, via UPS with an estimated delivery of 10:30 am on the 19th (today!). Knowing I'd be at work then, I tried whatever I could to get them to just hold onto the package since my employer is located...
It was ridiculous when it was updated. I considered buying one, but the idea of going in and sticking in RAM scared me away. I'm sure I COULD do it, I've replaced RAM before, but $600 should get you at least 2 GB.
really, the idea of having the SD card hang out is a bad thing? i have several microSDs all with their own SD adapter and a white macbook. The only way to connect them right now is to take out the microSD from the adapter, put it into the USB microSD reader I have and then put it into the USB port...I imagine a dedicated SD reader would have a lot less "overhang" than my current method. oh and plus it frees up a USB port which is always important on a laptop.
I wonder if Ballmer's gonna complain about these and how noone wants to pay an extra $500 for the Dell logo.
You could really expand the thread by posting some things that have been said around here.
woohoo, have been waiting for the mini bump. now i'm just gonna wait til the snow leopard bump and i'll be picking one of these up
adding a question mark at the end doesn't make it a question