or Connect

Posts by foodmetaphors

No. My idea is to have the eject key bring up a menu where you could choose to eject the cd/dvd, your iPhone, your external hard drive, or whatever you have hooked up that can be ejected. The menu could also have an eject all option. Of course if you like how it works now, you simply disable the menu in system preferences.
Yup, I did that with one of my externals so I could put Windows on it. Go to Disk Utility (found in Applications under Utilities), select the drive, go to the partition tab.. from there it should be self explanatory.
Yeah, and then you get that annoying message about how it wasn't ejected. It's a pet peeve of mine to see that, so I always eject everything.
Why does the eject key only work for whatever's in the SuperDrive? I mean really, a key dedicated just to ejecting a CD? How does that make sense? I eject my iPhone 10x as much as I eject something out of the SuperDrive. What I think they should do is have the eject key bring up a menu of all drives that can be ejected, along with an eject all option. It's a huge pain going to the Finder, ejecting my externals, then going to iTunes to eject the iPod and iPhone.
Well umm.. with the Nintendo DS you can emulate some things, but it's not very good at it. Most SNES games don't work, but NES games work almost perfectly. I hear Genesis games work well, but I haven't tried it yet myself. The PSP is supposedly good at emulation, but you have to have those Memory Stick Duos which are way overpriced compared to microSD.
That's pretty far just to go to one specialty store. It's not like I live in a rural area or anything. We DO have a best buy that sells Apple products now, but it's just not the same.
I wish they'd put one closer to me, the nearest one is about a 45 minute drive.
don't feed the troll!
Depends a lot I think on what your major was and where you went. I had one roommate who got his English degree, then went back to work construction (the job he had been doing during the summers), and now that that work is all gone, he's out of a job and is currently trying to work at places like Red Robin. Another friend got a German degree and last I heard was working at some theme restaurant making ~12/hr. Still, I had one who got a journalism degree and works for a...
I probably save up WAY too much money. I never ever want to be in debt to a credit card, and I've always made all my payments on time. Basically I don't spend money I don't have. Started looking into what computer I wanted towards the end of 2007 and finally decided on the $1300 white Macbook (ordered off Amazon to save on shipping and tax) when they updated them in Spring '08. I love it : ) When my crappy non-iPod mp3 players stopped working, I went and got a 120 gig...