or Connect

Posts by iwarriorpoet

True (and maybe some of the newer Audi's have one---I am not sure), but my point is Apple and Audi appeared to be in lock-step 2-3 years ago. If they had continued they could have already had a dazzling interface and be waaaay ahead of the competition---instead of just contributing to the clutter and delay.
I think the real problem here is with Apple, not Audi. Audi built a lot of its previous/current 'MMI Interface' around Apple's old iPod/iPhone connector. To my knowledge it was the ONLY auto company that attempted this level of integration. Then (I have heard) Apple decided to charge a prohibitive amount for Lightning Connector app/integration. The Lightning Connector has been out for quite awhile and Audi has yet to upgrade---and probably won't so long as Apple holds onto...
I would prefer an iOS environment (who wouldn't?), but making an iPhone the brains of the system is a big mistake. What if your iphone is on the fritz or back at home? Will you not be able to access convenient/important settings and services? What if your cellular carrier doesn't let you access voice and data at the same time---which creates a conflict in how you use the phone in the car? I used to have a Ford Explorer with MySync. MySync is based on Android. It was buggy...
Found it. Yeah, it is there. Thanks.
It didn't.
I went to a Best Buy store to confirm this---the Best Buy 15" MacBook Pros don't have the NVIDIA video processor that comes standard in a MacBook from an Apple store. Wtf? Anyone else confirm this or have a problem with it?
Apple/Third Party programmers have yet to come up with a killer fitness app--and it is frustrating. The iPod/iPhone platform is very well suited for creating a comprehensive fitness app--regularly updated--and with various integration points (BMI, Food planning, Rest cycles, music). I would actually prefer it happen in the iPod Nano, becuase having my iPhone on the gym floor is not a great solution.
A stronger mapping App would be great. I personally hope Apple partners with someone to come up with a comprehensive, integrated fitness application that incorporates training of various kinds, nutrition, and other health tips. There really is nothing like that currently and I think it would be a HUGE market. One problem with existing apps is that doing data entry/viewing stats on an iPhone gets tiring fast. If they could allow users to view the whole app via iCloud, and...
The one thing that would be worthy of an iPod only announcement is if they have added a comprehensive workout app to the Nano---which they really should have done a long time ago.
What is this, like the 4th post on this issue? Is it really that important? Slow news day maybe?