or Connect

Posts by iwarriorpoet

The link you posted looks like it refers to the accessing Gmail via the web, not the iOS app.
I like the idea of a good Google Calendar app for iOS---but until Google incorporates group contact lists into its GMail app---I probably won't migrate from native iOS apps to Google apps.
True (and maybe some of the newer Audi's have one---I am not sure), but my point is Apple and Audi appeared to be in lock-step 2-3 years ago. If they had continued they could have already had a dazzling interface and be waaaay ahead of the competition---instead of just contributing to the clutter and delay.
I think the real problem here is with Apple, not Audi. Audi built a lot of its previous/current 'MMI Interface' around Apple's old iPod/iPhone connector. To my knowledge it was the ONLY auto company that attempted this level of integration. Then (I have heard) Apple decided to charge a prohibitive amount for Lightning Connector app/integration. The Lightning Connector has been out for quite awhile and Audi has yet to upgrade---and probably won't so long as Apple holds onto...
I would prefer an iOS environment (who wouldn't?), but making an iPhone the brains of the system is a big mistake. What if your iphone is on the fritz or back at home? Will you not be able to access convenient/important settings and services? What if your cellular carrier doesn't let you access voice and data at the same time---which creates a conflict in how you use the phone in the car? I used to have a Ford Explorer with MySync. MySync is based on Android. It was buggy...
Found it. Yeah, it is there. Thanks.
It didn't.
I went to a Best Buy store to confirm this---the Best Buy 15" MacBook Pros don't have the NVIDIA video processor that comes standard in a MacBook from an Apple store. Wtf? Anyone else confirm this or have a problem with it?
Apple/Third Party programmers have yet to come up with a killer fitness app--and it is frustrating. The iPod/iPhone platform is very well suited for creating a comprehensive fitness app--regularly updated--and with various integration points (BMI, Food planning, Rest cycles, music). I would actually prefer it happen in the iPod Nano, becuase having my iPhone on the gym floor is not a great solution.
A stronger mapping App would be great. I personally hope Apple partners with someone to come up with a comprehensive, integrated fitness application that incorporates training of various kinds, nutrition, and other health tips. There really is nothing like that currently and I think it would be a HUGE market. One problem with existing apps is that doing data entry/viewing stats on an iPhone gets tiring fast. If they could allow users to view the whole app via iCloud, and...