or Connect

Posts by uluvbs

Hi, all.   I'm debating whether to buy a 15" MBP Retina for $1850 from Apple or a new one from MacMall for $2000.   -1-  Is it worth it to get the refurbed one to save only 7%-ish?   -2-  Any conspiracy theorists think the refurbed retina MBP may actually be a brand new one being quietly sold by Apple at a reduced price?  ;)   Thank you.
Any benefits to buying directly from Apple as opposed to an online retailer?
Theories as to why the 13" didn't at least get an i3?
extremeskater is on drugz. the current 17" has the option for 2.8GHz or 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB shared L2 cache. is that not a top-of-the-line C2D? why would Apple NOT offer an i7 for the 17"? u make no sense. as if Apple is looking to save buyers of a $2500 laptop $100-$150 by choosing one chip over another. we may not see it offered for the 15", but I guarantee the 17" will have one the i7 as an option, if not standard. separately, i'm relieved...
Does anyone think they are allowing Wal-Mart to do this now (as opposed to a few months ago) so Wal-Mart can help deplete the stock of iPhone 3Gs over the next couple of months, and then Apple will release the next iteration of the iPhone a few months afterwards? There has to be a reason why Apple did not initially allow Wal-Mart to stock the phone.
so is there a way I can get my phone at the Apple store and unlock it without signing up for AT&T?
Thank you. Any other recommendations? I guess I need to find out if I'll be able to get the phone at the Apple Store and not activate it with AT&T right there?
Your advice, please: My friend just bought me an iPhone 3G for Christmas, and I have to go to the Apple store to redeem the gift card. #1 Would I still be able to unlock my iPhone for use on T-Mobile? #2 Would this be a better route than just signing up with AT&T? Personally, I've heard AT&T's phone service is not that great with dropped calls, etc., and that their "3G" is not exactly fast. What are your thoughts? Thanks.