or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

Facts are best used when they are relevant. The Earth is round. That's a fact too, but irrelevant to the discussion. duh.I mentioned the fact that the banks formed a cartel for negotiating with Apple. You mentioned interact in order to try to dispute this fact, which is an interesting point, but not relevant to the fact that they still decided that they needed to form this cartel. I guess it is relevant as far as showing that Interac is not enough.Interac, in and of...
All of that is true. Interact exists in order for the banks to have a common, standard network for moving and accessing funds. Great. And if Apple Pay were to come here, it would work with that networks. Great. None of which has anything to do with each bank signing an agreement with Apple to support their credit card being added to Apple Pay. That doesn't require Interact per se, that requires each bank to sign an agreement, which happens only after negotiation. When...
That's actually entirely irrelevant to my point. The recently formed cartel has nothing to do with the history of interac.http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/canadas-banks-form-consortium-to-deal-with-apple-pay-reports/article24004338/ The banks formed a cartel specifically to negotiate Apple's entry into the Canadian payment scene.   Apple can't negotiate with the banks individually to get the best terms or quickest access. This is intentional. By...
When one does, they all will. That was pretty much the purpose of the banks forming a cartel whose sole purpose was create one common front to negotiate with Apple, instead of each bank negotiating on their own. 
Wife: "see, I told you it was over faster than you said"
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks.
Nah. They'll remember that Jobs tried to buy Dropbox and recognize that this is just an extension of that game plan.
I'm not up in arms about either. Both achieve levels of creepiness in their data collection, data mining and privacy invasion that would have been unacceptable in another time. But you missed my sarcasm. My suggestion that FB update their docs was with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek. Updating their docs on what 3rd parties are allowed to do with be toothless but would also be useless in any expectation that FB themselves wouldn't continue to do exactly what the...
I guess facebook could update their docs to disallow their advertisers and 3rd party devs from collecting or using it. A very firm "No" should do the trick. As with google, that still wouldn't prevent facebook themselves from collected and using as desired, but they could certainly send a strongly worded recommendation to others.