or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

I hear this often, that nuance only provides the bare bones speech recognition and apple handles the AI. I don't think it's that cut and dry. Nuance has gigantic data centres for online voice recognition and have been almost exclusively focused on NLU.There would really be three stages here.-determining the words- determining meaning of words and phrases- determining intent as it relates to Siri for command and control, search, etcThe AI is going to be in the last two. I...
Google's is good but, IMO, is no where near nuance yet. But as for how they did it so fast...data.These days, algorithms are well advanced and data is king. Google can examine every voicemail that goes through the GV system and store the data for further analysis. They can also peruse each and every email that goes through gmail to improve NLU (not the speech recognition part, but the language parsing and understanding part). Nuance doesn't have either of these massive...
Sure it's chump change for them but doesn't mean it's a good move. I suppose at worst it's a distraction and might become an embarrassment.When I first read these rumours I thought Beats would be Apple's Nest or Motorola, getting suckered into overpaying. But the new rumours make it sound more like Apple's own Alicia Keys.
So, then you haven't read about Apple over the last 17 years or so nor anything about what Ives does there (especially in the last year and a bit)?
A) the labels would still know they are dealing with apple and still hate apple, whether Iovine and Dre are leading the discussions or not.B) how much did they accomplish with Beats streaming? Less than 100k paid subscribers? From a technological perspective, what do they bring that Apple couldn't do better for a couple orders of magnitude less money?
Yes, that's why I referred to him as a music insider.So his connections in music are expected to translate into movies and TV content contracts?
The studios don't like Apple and are desperate not to given them more control of their partnerships. Having Iovine and Dre front the discussions doesn't seem like it would do much...it's not like the labels wouldn't know their dealing with Apple and have the same feelings toward them. And paying $3.2B for advisors who could then walk away at any time (or get hit by a bus as someone previously mentioned) doesn't seem very well planned.As for content, what do they know...
I just don't see how hiring a music insider helps your TV/video business. Is the expectation that he music credentials somehow give him access to the studios?
Yeah it works pretty well for me. It was never design for handwriting or even normally sized typesets on paper. It's meant for signs. I've tried it with books and it works but because of so many works it's always flipping back and forth between translated and non. But for signs and large type it works well.
The bought SimplifyMedia, which was an iOS exclusive and a great media stream app and killed it.