or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

The bought SimplifyMedia, which was an iOS exclusive and a great media stream app and killed it.
I already own the app, so getting the rest of the language packs for free is a bonus for me. Coincidently, I was just thinking about buying one yesterday, so even better. Don't like it in the hands of Google as it will just become another data mining tool but for now, free is free.
So, they aren't arresting picketers anymore?
Funniest post of the day.Samsung doesn't own anything in the wearables market. Pebble, fitbit and even Nike Fuel all handily eat samsung's lunch. Samsung got into the market based on speculation that Apple was going to. And what happens when they don't have Apple to copy? We get the joke named Gear. Even the Fit, their best entry so far, is universally reviewed as an unmitigated disaster.
I guess if Samsung is serious about the fitness wearables market, a bunch of experienced people just became available.
Honest question: Are you drunk?
  Every single iPhone release had varying degrees of improvements, albeit some "bigger" than others. The 3GS was a massive performance increase over the 3G, same price. The 4 was another massive performance boost and Retina to boot, same price. The 4S was a significant performance boost, same price. The 5 was a huge performance boost and a bigger screen, same price. The 5S added TouchID and another steep performance gain, same price.  Big or small upgrades, their iPhones...
It didn't used to work that way (with Fido). And when they were forced to 2 year limits on plans, they hiked all plans, even for those that would have been on 2 year terms anyway and for those that wouldn't be on a term at all. And when they first went to the 2 year Max plans, you paid more but got less so it was even more of a hike.  Very little credit to be given to them at all. If you want to give credit, give credit to TMobile for bringing in their "no contract"...
Of course there is more precedent for no price increase. Since the launch of the iPhone 3G, each following generation has maintained the same contract price point regardless of how big an upgrade the new generation was. That is the only precedent for iPhones. That's not to claim they won't increase the price, but you cannot claim there is no more precedent for them maintaining price than for raising the price. The best example of them raising prices recently was the iPad...
Nor is anyone claiming Apple wouldn't do it again. But it is not their normal pattern.