or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

It will happen eventually but it is more likely to be Apple's choice than Samsung's. Samsung knows it would be dumb to completely forgo lucrative guaranteed sales from Apple in favour of the supplying their own mobile division. They probably remember that it was only a couple years ago that their mobile sales were so poor they had to hide their numbers in with their display sales. While they rule the Android space for now, that can change in a heart beat. Putting all...
I take it you think that is a cynical view? Wasn't intended to be. Just can't imagine a situation where Jobs would allow a director to film him strolling through a meadow or picking weeds unless he was involved in the process. At the same time, I find it hard to believe that he would commission a video of himself, so I am unsure.
Anyone have any info on the source of that video? Something about it seems like a vanity piece that was commissioned by Jobs. Can't quite put my finger on it, but that's the feeling I got.
And in both of those key businesses they are about to lose their single biggest customer. Can Samsung mobile make up for those orders? Maybe. It was only a couple years ago that Samsung's mobile business was so bad that they stopped reporting on their sales and rolled them into the display numbers (because that made a ton of sense). Getting the Nexus twice has put them far and away at the top of the Android world, but for how long? Can other companies make up for Apple...
I think it is clear that capacity can be purchased and built. Perhaps not overnight and certainly it will cause a disruption for Apple, but how large that disruption will be and for how long is debatable. What isn't a question is that Apple can assist other vendors in increasing their capacity. Samsung's gamble on their internal puchasing needs being able to offset losing Apple is a much bigger gamble. You can guarantee that capacity will eventually be met, you cannot...
yes it was but Samsung Eloctronics that was very clear that they were going to Firewall the lawsuits from their supply business. Guess they've changed their minds.
Didn't Panasonic announce they were getting out of the TV business with hopes of landing Apple as a customer for displays? Between them, LG, Sharp, and perhaps Sony, I don't think Apple is going to be hurt by this much.   Samsung is definitely cutting it's nose to spite it's face. Not a good strategy. The Android market is fickle. While Samsung owns them now, any one of the other vendors could become ascendent at any time. By putting all their eggs in one basket,...
So much for the "firewall".
  yup.     He goes on to explain while the front is the same, they look different from the back. You know, the side you don't use or see day to day. So it isn't copied. Brilliant. As I mentioned, I think he must have meant they were different because from the back you can read "Apple" or "Samsung" and immediately know they are different,
For anyone that things the court order makes any sense at all, think of it this way. let's say you have something that is protected, whether it is patent, copyright, trademark, etc. You hold protection on it. Someone else that wants to have a product very, very similar to your decides to sue to have your protection invalidated. Note that you have not accused them of anything publicly in this jurisdiction at this point, they sue to have your protection invalidated. During...