or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

Could be a number of things. Could be simply that there is pent up demand for a larger iPhone or just the fact that it is an iPhone launch, which still tends to be an evert in and of itself. I think he is more saying that none of the other vendors have anything to offer this year that blows the doors off for anyone.
I agree with you, except that I don't think it is so obvious. First, we don't know that there will be 2 new sizes. Even if there will be, the article certainly doesn't imply it will be the 5.5" that Apple wants to increase by $100. In fact it says the justification for the possible increase is the fact that the iPhone 6 will be the only "must have" launch this year. That holds whether there are one or two models.
True, but that was notable because it was an exception to their normal pattern of generational releases maintaining a consistent price.
I would agree with parts of that. But as pmz has said, the $100 increase, if it happens, would likely be for the 5.5" model and the 4.7" model would maintain the current pricing structure.
That was a long time ago when they were still getting their footing on pricing and offerings. There was still really nothing else like them on the market at the time so they had some margin for making mistakes or experimenting with pricing and feature set. They don't have that same room to breathe anymore. 
No, I don't think that is the same comparison. The pretty well established pattern is that when a new model is introduced, the older model (or a version of it like the 5C) drops by $100. There is no precedent where the launch price of a new model is priced $100 higher than the launch price of the previous model, let alone a precedent of it being based on size.  Having said that, you are probably right about the price points. But if so, then I guess the sales pitch will...
I agree that they might. I just see that feeding in to the overpriced image of Apple because simply a larger display doesn't seem to justify a 50% price increase (on contract) generally. I guess if companies are still charging $100 for 16GB more storage, it could fly. Also, since when is bigger premium? Unless there are other differentiating features, are we really now saying that bigger for the sake of bigger is better?
The only time there was a generational size difference was going from the 4S to the 5...I don't recall the 5 going up by $100... Unless you mean once the 5 was released then the older and smaller models dropped in price, but that isn't really a relevant comparison, is it?
If there are two models, then I agree with you, that it is not out of bounds and should even be expected. But if there is only one new model, it doesn't make a lot of sense. But, even if there are two models, if the main differentiating factor is the screen size between the 4.7" and 5.5", a $100 differential is just going to play into the idea of being over priced, in light of other vendors having large size differences between their large phones and their phablets,...
The handwriting recognition is surprisingly good, from a few quick scribble tests anyway. Makes me miss my MP2100.